𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Third Person POV

***

A gasp escaped Mahi's lips, and she was immediately intrigued. She chided herself and tried to control her curiosity. But she couldn't, she peeked at the next few sentences of the journal and her eyes grew wider and wider after every word.

"I'm in love with someone, and that someone is none other than Mahi." She read the sentence out loud making sure that she wasn't just seeing things. She rested her head on her palms and fell into thought. After a few minutes, she rose from her thinking and opened the book.

***

I don't know what I should do,

I'm in love with her, and she already has a boyfriend. To make my life, even more, worse, Mayu's going to propose to her.

***

Mahi stopped reading there once more, and let the information sink in.

Mayu was going to propose?

"How am I supposed to feel about that?" She wondered out loud in a whisper. Because in truth, she felt blank when the information had sunk in. She didn't feel the happiness people had described, nor had she felt as though it was being rushed. A perfect way to say is, she felt nothing. She heard yelling from the corridors of the hotel and went out to investigate. She saw Mayank Markande yelling at Rahul Tewatia, which puzzled her. Those two were as thick as thieves.

"Oh come on! It's obviously you!" Mayank was fuming, but his gaze flicked to Mahi's brown eyes. His anger softened visibly, and she shifted on her feet uncomfortably. The words that Mayank had penned echoed in her ears.

'I love, Mahi.'

For some reason, Mahi's heart went into a flurry when he continued staring at her intently.

"Oh there he goes-" Rahul started, but Mayank shut him up with a glare.

"I want that book back in my room, I don't care who took it." Mayank let his gaze sweep across the crowd that had gathered around Rahul and himself. Mahi slipped inside his room and dropped the book away, rushing out before anyone noticed her.

When she closed her eyes, picturing Mayank, a blush crept onto her cheeks.

What is wrong with me?!

***

That my dear is called love :P