13

Jeffrey feels the urge to check on Alana so they go to his room first. "Alana," Jeffrey says going over to the bed. He hates to wake her, but he really wants her to meet the other humans.

Alana reluctantly wakes from her sleep. "Jeffrey?" She says then smiles. "You're back?"

"Yes, have you eaten?" Jeffrey hadn't thought about that before leaving. But then again he didn't think that he would be back quite this late either.

"Yes, Chronos made sure that there was food. Apparently there was some problem over who was going to cook. Since your human servant was no longer available, the humans that would normally do so were found to be too sick to cook. Chronos ended up ordering pizza and having one of the humans go and get it."

"Did you like it?" Jeffrey asks smiling, he'll have to pay Chronos back for the pizza. He makes a mental note of it.

"It was different. I don't remember having had it before. The vegetarian pizza was pretty good though, I really liked that one. That and there was salad."

"So you got enough to eat?" Jeffrey wants to make sure of that. He's pretty sure that Chronos would make sure that she got enough, but she hasn't eaten much for a long time.

"Yes, just the plate he brought me was more than I could eat. There were several different kinds of pizza slices. He placed those in a refrigerator in the other room. He said you wouldn't mind that."

Jeffrey gives her another smile and shakes his head. "No, that is fine. If you get hungry you are more than welcome to eat the leftovers. Many people like cold pizza, but there is also a microwave in there if you want to heat it up. I'll show you later how to work it if you don't know how." Jeffrey isn't sure just how thorough her amnesia is and doesn't want to make her feel stupid or inept by not knowing how to work a microwave.

Alana gives him a smile. "Thank you. Were you able to find the humans in time?"

Jeffrey moves over so that she can see the three new comers. "Yes. The female's name is Mary, she accepted being my human servant. I told her already that I won't be sleeping with her because I made a promise to you. The one holding her is Michael and the other male is Jay. Jay's parents are using his little sister Talia to force them to strip at their club and even sell themselves to customers after their act."

Jeffrey's words make Alana's eyes open wide in horror. "Tomorrow I'll be going into town and dealing with the parents and freeing Talia from them. She will be coming to live here as well. The boys have given themselves to serving me as either blood donors or becoming yours and Malia's human servants."

"What? Jeffrey, I'm human, not vampire. I can't have a human servant."

"Shh, Alana. I know that you aren't very happy about the idea, but listen before you refuse, okay? They are both acceptable to me as substitute lovers. They will be living here so when I won't be able to be with you your servant can be. He will also be trained to be a body guard so that once the prince is dealt with you will be free to leave the house and property. I don't want you hurt and so you will need to take protection with you. Also he'll be able to drive you where ever you might want to go until we can get you a drivers license."

Jeffrey stands up. "Now I need to get Mary and these two settled into rooms before I take the boys back to their vehicle. Then I'll return and if you like we can finish the marriage ceremony." Jeffrey says and leans over Alana to give her a kiss. 

Alana kisses him back and gives him a smile in return, "Hurry back."

She watches as he ushers the humans out of the room ahead of him. The smile remains on her face as the door closes behind them. Slowly her eyes close once more. There was a great deal of promise in that last kiss and she hopes to collect on it when he returns. Although, she isn't sure just what she'll be collecting, she thinks it will be wonderful. At least she hopes the reality is as good as the kiss promises to be.