34

"I'm going to be busy for some time this afternoon, I'm afraid. Chronos is doing training with the other vampires in the garden and will have them there all afternoon. I would ask that you not go in the garden unless accompanied by myself or Chronos as long as the other vampires are here. 

"I know that isn't fair to you, I just don't trust them to leave you alone. I would rather not lose any of my children before the fight if I can help it." Jeffrey tells her and she can see that it's important to him.

Alana smirks, "You don't have much faith in your children if you think that I would kill them so easily."

"Oh, some of them would be a piece of cake for you to kill. I've seen them fight. Others, they might hurt you before you killed them and I would rather not have that happen." Jeffrey caresses her face. "You, my sweet, are special to me. I've already hurt you far more than you should have been."

"Stop, Jeffrey, leave the past in the past. If you think I shouldn't go unescorted into the garden, then I won't go. I have no desire to kill or hurt any of your children."

Alana gets a wicked look in her eyes then, "You know, since I've been back we haven't had much in the way of alone time. Last night was lovely and I would like a repeat of it, but, I would very much like to have some one-on-one time with you as well. Besides, I want you to bite me and would rather be alone with you when you do."

Her words make Jeffrey smirk as well. "I will find you when I finish with my work for the day. Then you will need to decide if you would like to go to our room or go out to your garden and then I'll show you just how good my bite can feel." Jeffrey tells her as he whispers in her ear before kissing her neck and teasing her a bit before backing away.

Alana pouts at his actions before smiling at him once more. "Okay, I'll be looking forward to it. You should get back to work again so that you can be finished faster."

"You are welcome to join me in my office."

Alana smiles brightly at his offer but shakes her head. "I'm not in the mood to sit still and read and I still have no craft items like yarn so there will be nothing for me to do other than move around and distract you."

"Mmm, you could distract me all you want." Jeffrey has some ideas in his mind. Ideas that would likely send Alana screaming from him after slapping him for being a pervert. He decides to keep his ideas to himself for the time being.

"Jeffrey," Alana says warningly and Jeffrey steps back and sighs. 

"Very well, if you insist. Please come and visit if you wish, it would be a welcome diversion no matter what you think." Jeffrey says before giving her a lingering kiss. Standing up and sighing he steps away before turning his back to her. "I'll finish as quick as I can. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two."

"Have fun," Alana says smirking at his resigned face.

"You are cruel, Alana, so very cruel." He tells her before winking and leaving the room.

Alana wanders around the place trying to familiarize herself with the layout a little better. She runs into a human wall. "Oh, sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." Alana tells the extremely well built man before her.

"No harm done." The human says but sounds puzzled.

"Is there a problem?" Alana queries.

"No, ma'am. It's just, I don't recognize that mark. It's not one for a blood donor and you aren't part of the staff."

Alana smiles brightly, "Nope, it's my marriage mark. I'm married to Jeffrey."

The man smiles nervously, "Forgive me, Ma'am. I'll just get out of your way. I was just going to feed my daughter."

Alana brightens, "You have a daughter?" She notices the markings on him. You are a blood donor and have a daughter here?" She is more than a little alarmed, especially since there is a good chance that he won't live to see his daughter become an adult.

"Yes, ma'am. Master Jeffrey brought me here when he destroyed the strip club for Jay and Michael. He also made sure that I got my daughter and assured me that we would have a home." Kai notices her ill concealed horror. "My name is Kai. Master Jeffrey has put me off limits to his children. I am only to feed him until the other vampires go home. He told me he has no desire to raise a human child again and will do his best to make sure that I'll be around to do so."

He notices that his words don't reassure Alana all that much. "It's fine, ma'am. Things are far better here than they were before he gave me this chance. My daughter is away from that lying bitch and has a chance at a normal life. I am aware of how long my life expectancy is here, but it's still better than it had been. Jay's parents were suspected of killing bouncers and staff that they took a disliking to. I hated working there, but couldn't leave because of my ex girlfriend. She would have kept my daughter from me. I couldn't bare to lose her."

"So you stayed in a location where you could have been killed by your bosses?"

"You do what you have to do for those you love. It was no different for me than it was for Michael or Jay. They did what they did out of love of Talia. We are all better off being here. It made me sick what they were doing to her and what they were forcing Jay and Michael to do to stop it." Kai stops as he hears a baby starting to cry. 

"Sorry ma'am, but my daughter is calling for her lunch."

Alana blushes and asks, "Can I help you?" She's never held a baby or even a young child. At least not that she remembers, and would love the chance to do so now.

Kai smiles happily and tells her to come with him.

Alana enters the room where Kai's daughter is and is immediately taken with the young child. "She's beautiful, Kai." She goes over to the young child and Kai offers to let her take the girl.

Alana is nervous but accepts the girl into her arms and nervously bounces her and slowly the child stops her crying and looks at her in fascination.

Kai hands her a bottle and the baby takes it and starts feeding, but never takes her eyes off of Alana.

Alana spends the next hour feeding and playing with the young girl. She is putting her to sleep when Jeffrey comes looking for her.

Jeffrey watches her from the doorway for some time before making himself known.

"That is a lovely sight indeed." It's enough to make him consider asking her to have his child sooner rather than later.

Alana looks at him and smiles. "She's a sweetheart. She's almost asleep. Are you done for the day?"

"Mhm. Have you thought about what I said earlier?" Jeffrey asks going up to her and encircling her waist with his arms.

"Oh, yes, I would say let's go outside, but I'd rather not have them all hear as we have our fun." Alana tells him with a smile.

Jeffrey decides to not tell her that they've already heard her having fun since they have exceptional hearing. 

Shortly after that Alana stands up from the crib and goes with Jeffrey out of the room.