Sleepover

[Emaline's POV]

I stared at Kate. Her tall frame, her brown hair, her soft skin... was all amazing-- breathtaking even.

"What are you looking at?" She teased.
"YOU babe." I smiled.

We were alone in the bathroom near the back of the school. It was absolutely freezing, and we both got goosebumps within seconds of arriving.

"Hey.. uh.. do you wanna have a sleepover?" She stuttered.
"Yeah of course!"
"Ok! Umm so my dad is ordering pizza so we should do it at my house..."
"Haha 'do it'" I barely giggled out.
"Shut uppppppp!" She joked.
"Ok so.. meet me at the front of the school at 4?"
"Sounds good!"
"Ok sweetie. See ya later." I winked. She blushed.

All I had left for school for the day were Algebra II and Art. I couldn't even focus; I was so excited! I started wondering what we would get up to. Would we pretend to be friends? Normally that's not even a question, but Mr. Messner would be over. I hoped we would at least kiss, but I wanted more. We had only really kissed a couple of times. I wanted to go further, but Kate is apprehensive about this kinda stuff, since she had only kissed once before me.

"Hey Emaline? Earth to Emaline!" My Algebra teacher half yelled.

I hadn't meant to space out, but I guess I did near the end of class. I suppose the bell had rung a couple minutes before.

"I'm so sorry! Have a great weekend!"

I walked quickly out of the room, embarrassed. "Pitter patter." Heels on the floor across the school. Upon arrival, my friend, Natasha, beamed at me in a sort of greeting. We quickly started our warm-up. The prompt was "What do you want to happen in the future?" I decided to draw a picture where there were people holding hands. Boy, girl, boy, girl. And then there were two girls. They were racially diverse and there was gender equality. I inked and colored the piece quickly.

[Natasha's POV]

I had NO idea what to do for this warm-up. What do I want in the future? I dunno? Maybe a husband. Or some pets. I decided to look at Emaline's picture. They looked all different. One of them even looked like me: Darkskin, black eyes, and long dreadlocks. This made me really happy for some reason. But then there were two girls holding hands? I have no idea why she would draw that. Cedric looked over at me.

"Hey what are you looking at? Lemme see Emaline's piece."

Emaline looked at me, menacing, but then terrified.

"Oh uh it's nothing!" I answered quickly. Too quickly.

Cedric walked over and looked at the piece.

"Why'd you draw two lesbos Emaline. Haha that's weird." He said, clearly trying to joke around, but it wasn't funny. The class was now looking at us.

"Um it's uhh none of your business.." Realizing everyone heard the exchange.
"Whatever!" She yelled, throwing her hands up and storming off into the hallway.

I feel so bad. This is my fault. Should I go after her? After a minute or two, I come to my conclusion-- I should go after her. She wasn't far off. She only went to the bathroom down the hall.

"So... um" I really didn't know what to say.
"Yeah" She looked like she was about to kill me, but then her features softened as a tear strode down her cheek.
"Aww it's okay." I reassured her and held her and she started to sob.
"Everyone knows now. I shouldn't have done that STUPID warm-up!" She sobbed.
"It's okay I'm here for you." I paused before saying, "Let's clean you up."

I got a kleenex pack from my bag and gave it to her. She wiped her tears away, then the snot from her nose. I have to admit, she is a pretty crier. She sniffled and then hugged my tightly. It felt like my ribs were going to break and then burst out of my skin. She then got her makeup wipes out and wiped the lines of mascara from her cheeks and then took makeup out of her bag. She delicately did her makeup before turning to me and smiling.

"You don't have a problem with me liking girls?" She asked meekly.
"No of course I don't! You're my best friend!"
"Thank you" And then she hugged me again.

The bell rang and we went to get our supplies from the class and parted ways. She went to the front of the school, I went out the side. Although I was stuck with thinking about the time in the lockeroom. Everyone assumed it was Kate who touched Emaline's boobs. Was it though? Or was it Emaline's doing? I guess I'll have to ask at a later date. Even if I did call her, today is not the day.

[Flash Sideways]

[Sherry's (Luke's mom) POV]

This is so ridiculous. I'm in Greece. I'm supposed to be enjoying this beautiful land and instead I'm thinking of my ex-husband. I mean I have a good relationship and a great son, but I've BEEN thinking about Leroy. I keep wondering if Luke took any of his father's words into consideration. I hope he didn't. Leroy left us. He hurt us. He hurt Luke. Luke deserves the world and Leroy is definitely not the world.

[Flash Sideways]

[Ken's (Kate's dad) POV]

"Hey Dad?"
"Uh yeah, sweetie?"
"Can me and Emaline have a sleepover tonight?"
"Yeah sure, sweetie."
"Thanks, Dad!"

I'm still thinking about Sherry. I miss her. I miss her bright smile, her lovely personality-- everything! I pushed those thoughts out of my mind. I wrote a note to myself to ask what pizza Emaline wants.

By the time I got home, Kate and Emaline were giggling about something. I walked up to Kate's room to ask what pizza Emaline wanted. When I opened the door, Emaline and Kate flinched and quickly moved away from each other. I think they could tell I was confused.

Kate quickly said, "What, Dad?"
"Oh.. uh what pizza would you ladies like?"
"Hmm. Can you get half cheese half pepperoni?" She said very sheepishly.
"Yeah. I'll go order it now."

[Kate's POV]

Emaline looked at me both scared and defeated.

"Hey babe? So something happened today..."

She explained it to me and started crying. I tried to calm her down, but there was no use. She was getting almost hysterical at that point. She expressed her concerns that my dad would have a problem with us being "friends".

"Hey baby?" I whispered.
"What?" She sobbed but looked at me curiously.
"It's okay. I'll talk to my dad if you want."

She waved her hand, sniffing.

"I can't handle this today. Could we talk to your dad tomorrow?"
"Yeah of course! Anything you want." I grinned.

She laughed. We cleaned ourselves up and walked down the stairs. She ate a piece of cheese and a piece of pepperoni pizza. She did it so eloquently. She does everything so eloquently. I ate two pieces of cheese. The were so gooey and warm. We ate them while having light conversation, mostly about school and television shows. You don't get any other type of light convo as the principal's daughter, anyways. We got back up to the room and we hung out until my dad walked in to tell us that he was going to bed.

[Emaline's POV]

We started making out quietly after Kate's dad said good night. Then it progressed to shirts off. I kissed her shoulders, her thighs. Then we cuddled under the blanket. Her back was to me, holding my hands. My right leg was over her hip, with my left right next to her legs. She kissed my hands, and smiled. It was the type of smile that you just knew was happening without even seeing. We were warm under the covers. We both feel asleep at some point after that. The birds chirped as I woke up. Kate was already standing in front of her vanity. She was wearing a black bra and running shorts. I must've been grinning involuntarily because she scoffed.

"You enjoy the view?" I could see part of her grin in the mirror.
"Maybe..."