Billy Hargrove

TW: mild homophobic slur usage, mention of parental harassment and bullying

first off, ik i've only done Stranger Things so far and i promise imma do other stuff. there may and or may not be a Freddy Freeman (Shazam!) one coming up👀
this is lightly based on the song bitches broken hearts by Billie Eilish. there are different outcomes between the song and the story. also ik this is prolly gonna sound super generic but seriously Billy's so hot help

*you and Billy are dating when this starts off. ur family is super homophobic and if they found out they would rly mess you up*

Title: I Don't Love You (MCR anybody?)

Fandom: Stranger Things

Character: Billy Hargrove

School had just finished and you walked outside the building. You were met with Billy. You smiled and greeted him. He seemed troubled as he told you that he needed to talk to you about something.

You got in Billy's car and sat there, waiting for him to start the conversation. He looked straight through the windshield, his eyebrows ever so slightly creased. It took him a few moments, but eventually, he spoke.

"We should break up," Billy stated. This surprised you. Your relationship seemed to be going well. Where was this coming from?

"What?" You asked. "Why? Did I do something?"

"No," Billy stated firmly.

"Then why?" You asked.

"I don't love you," Billy stated simply.

"But..." You started. Then, something popped into your head. "Wait. Did your dad find out? Is he making you do this?"

"No, (Y/n). It's not him. It's me. It's you. It doesn't work."

"It worked fine yesterday."

"Today isn't yesterday."

"What changed? Am I just like all those girls to you? Just temporary? I thought I was more than that..."

"I'm not a faggot, (Y/n)."

The word stung. You had been haunted by that word for years. You were lucky your family hadn't found out. You but your lip lightly as soon as it left his mouth. You looked down.

"Wow," you mumbled. "Just like them."

You opened the car door and got out. You closed it with a little more force than you usually would. Did that really just happen? You thought Billy was different from the others. Apparently not.

~<• one week later •>~

"You can pretend you don't miss me
You can pretend you don't care
All you wanna do is kiss me
Oh, what a shame I'm not there

What is it you want?
You can lie, but I know that you're not fine
Every time you talk, it's all about me, but you swear I'm not on your mind"

You passed Billy frequently at school, but you always ignored him. You couldn't banish the feeling of betrayal. Whenever you passed him, you would hear him talking to someone about you.

Even you found yourself talking about him on the off-chance you talked to someone. You would mention something you and Billy did as if nothing had happened, and then the feeling of betrayal would return.

"Everybody knows
You and I are suicide and stolen art
Pretty mama sews
Stitches into all your bitches broken hearts"

You walked past Billy to see him making out with a random girl. You swallowed and kept walking, your head down. You should have known you were the equivalent of her to him. You should have known.

You were surprised when you felt a hand on your shoulder. You stopped walking and turned around to see Billy. He let his hand drop.

"What?" You said in an annoyed tone.

"We need to talk," Billy said.

"What, this time are you gonna scream at me how disgusting I am like everybody else does?" You said, still maintaining the tone of voice.

"(Y/n)."

"Fine."

You and Billy walked outside. School was out, so you wouldn't have to worry about being late to class. You crossed your arms in annoyance.

"Talk," you said. Billy was silent for a moment. You started to walk off, but he stopped you, gently grabbing your shoulders.

"I'm sorry," Billy said. That was an uncommon phrase for him to say. Maybe he really was.

"Yeah, you should be," you said.

"I know. I fucked up."

"Yeah, you did."

"Will you stop agreeing with me for a minute and let me talk?"

"Fine," you replied.

"Look, I didn't mean it. I shouldn't have said... that word. I do love you and it's just... This has never happened for me before and..." Billy said.

"We're both men," you finished. He nodded lightly.

"My dad would..." Billy paused.

"I know," you said, looking down and feeling a bit guilty for being to hard on him.

"I was just..." Billy took a breath. "I was just... scared."

"I am, too, Billy. But I care enough to chance it. My family would completely freak out, too. I don't even wanna think about what they'd do... But I really care about you, Billy, and for me, it's worth it."

"It's worth it for me, too. I was overwhelmed then and I would rather be with you and risk my dad finding out than stay like this."

"You're completely sure? You're not gonna change your mind and pull some shit like you did in the car?"

"I'm sure. I'm sorry. I really am," Billy replied.

"I know. And I forgive you. I get it. I was unsure at first, too," you said.

"So, does this mean we're back together?" Billy asked.

"Yeah," you replied with a small smile. You made sure no one was looking before giving him a short kiss.

There was more to Billy Hargrove than most people could see. And you wanted to get to know the other sides of him.

el end.