Prologue

"We are in the middle of nowhere, how come you're still smiling?!" I asked angrily with a British accent.

"Well, miss, we are not in the middle of nowhere. We are in a train." He even gestured his hand on the train.

"Then, what's your plan, smarty-pants?" I sarcastically asked.

He looked away, probably thinking about what he's gonna do. "I don't know." he sighed.

My lips parted and brows furrowed. "You should've thought about that before you followed me here!" I lashed out.

"You have to help me." he said. "I'm not ready to die in a train."

"I'm not ready to die at all and I knew where I was going before I met you!" I continuously said without putting down my accent.

He looked at my eyes intently and so did I. We were looking at each other with the same heavy intensity and I probably looked like I was ready to punch him any moment now.

"Cut!" the director shouted.

I sighed and looked away before chuckling. "That was so good." Noah greeted me.

Noah, my little love team for this movie. This was my first time doing a movie with him but we were already friends before-hand. We met a couple of times at premieres, award shows and parties.

"I know."  I smirked at him before walking away from the set but I saw him following me.

"I wonder.." he held his chin, sarcastically thinking. "How did your fake british accent made the cut?" he asked, obviously teasing me.

"Well, I wonder, how did the crew and staff get along with your teasing?" I rolled my eyes and walked faster but he's taller than me so his legs were longer which made him catch up.

"One of the perks by being good-looking, handsome and overall gorgeous." He even counted on his fingers.

"I hope you'll get a hang at that." I tapped his shoulder before going inside my tent.

There I saw my personal assistant, Jade with the makeup artist, hair stylist and wardrobe assistant chatting while Jade was busy packing my things.

"Miss Lexi, your flight back to the Philippines will be at 6pm po." Jade informed me.

I sighed and looked at my phone to check what time is it. It was already 5pm and for sure I will not get any rest 'cause after we pack this up we'll go straight to the airport. Currently, I'm in the UK specifically Bradford, where we are shooting the movie. The first few scenes were shot in London but later on we transferred here.

I probably stayed here for almost 2 months already 'cause of taping and thankfully the movie's almost done so the director isn't that strict when it come to the casts whereabouts anymore.

"Oh, goodness."

I sighed when I saw paparazzi at the airport lobby as soon as I arrived. I put on my sunglasses before walking towards the exit.

"Congrats, Lexi!" They greeted me. I just raised both of my brows and smiled a bit.

"How are you, Lexi?"

"I'm good, thank you." I gulped when I realized I still have the british accent in me.

"Why were you in the UK?"

"Are you shooting a movie there?"

"Should we wait for an upcoming project you starred on?"

I sighed and smiled a little, ignoring their questions. Sa tagal ko sa industriya namin ay hindi na bago sa akin ang mag-tago ng mga projects na hindi pa dapat in-aannounce. Ayoko na ring i-entertain pa sila masyado dahil pagod din ako.

"Are you dating Louis?"

I shook my head a little when they started asking about my lovelife. I don't understand why people are so obsessed with other people's lovelifes. It's so annoying.

"Is it true that your Sean's ex?"

"Are you Jasper's possible new girl?"

Finally, the questions were shut down when I entered my van. Gosh, how the fuck am I dating Louis if he has a girlfriend? How am I gonna be Sean's ex when I only met him maybe two or three times? And, how the hell am I going to be Jasper's possible new girl if he's the ex of my friend?!

Louis and I worked together for one movie and a series in the past and even though there was romantic connection between our characters it was all work for the both of us and he has a long-time non-showbiz girlfriend. Sean is a rapper I met at award shows most of the time and casually introduced ourselves by common celebrity friends while Jasper, the model, he is Tily's best friend and my friend's ex. That would be so awkward if I really am his possible new girl.

"Madam, ako na po sa mga bagahe n'yo." Salubong ni Manang nang makarating kami sa mansion.

"Thank you po." sabi ko at dumiretso na sa loob ng bahay.

"Lexi, how are you?" Tita Karina, my step mom, greeted.

"Hi, Tita." bumeso ako sa kan'ya. "Nasaan po s'ya?"

"Upstairs." Sagot n'ya.

Tumango ako at umakyat ng hagdan. I stopped in front of a door and sighed before twisting the doorknob when I opened the door of the other room beside mine, there I saw my kin, on the floor crying.

My eyes widened and immediately ran towards her and hugged her 'cause she was shaking. I started to panic and I didn't know what to do. She looked at me and I saw her lips shaking before she hugged me.

"What's happening?!" I panicked.

"Ate.." she sobbed. "I can't stay here anymore. I want to go."

"W-what? Where?" I asked.

"Let's stay in your house na lang." She cried harder.

I was fully aware about the reason why she doesn't want to stay here anymore. For the past 4 years she has been begging me to leave this place but I couldn't, 'cause for sure that old man will do anything again just to go back to this place and I don't want this house to get dirty from him living here again.

I don't want my mother's memory to get dirty from that old man. It's like I will let mud enter my mother's soul and I don't want that.

"But..."

"Please..." she begged.

"Where do you want us to go?" I asked.

"R-remember your house?" I slowly nodded. "Let's go there. I w-was happy there, I wasn't feeling anything like this when I was there."

"B-but, you know my situation. And, what if he's-"

"For sure, he's not there naman." She wiped the tears on her cheeks.

I looked away and gulped. I will never be ready to go back to my house. Our house. All of our memories were made there and I don't think I can. All the memories, good and bad, will just flashback on my mind every single day and I don't know if I can handle that.

That was me and my fiancé's house.

Well, was my fiancé.

And the same place where I lost my life, my purpose, my love and my light.

My child.

_____________________________________________________________________________

<3