Chapter 7

"They're already handing out invitations for the engagement party. Do you know about that? What's our plan?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Engagement party pa lang naman, hindi pa kasal, huwag ka muna mag-panic." he chuckled.

"But... of course, that's an engagement party. Ibig sabihin, they're gonna tell everyone about this. Media and the internet are one of those." I said. "Papaano na kapag ibe-break na natin 'tong engagement thing? We'll break it publicly?"

"Siguro." he slightly nodded while eating without looking at me.

"Hey, why are you uncertain?" I tried to make him look at me but he won't. "May iba ka bang plano?"

"Tsaka na natin pag-usapan 'yan." he refused to talk about it anymore.

I sighed and nodded before turning my gaze on my plate and started eating. After my class I went straight to the mansion and there I saw Tita Karina sitting on the couch while holding her phone.

"Oh, Lexi." she smiled and put her phone down. "I was just watching your new serie-"

"Where's my Dad?" I asked.

"He's not here yet, honey." She said, smiling.

I made a face when she called me 'honey' and rolled my eyes. I sighed and looked at her with uninterested eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me or should I say us about the engagement party? Do we really need to know about that through other people who received the invitation already?" I asked, raising a brow.

"W-what? I have no idea about what you're talking about." she looked confused.

"What are you guys talking about?"

Both of us looked at Dad who was already behind me and obviously confused about our topic.

"Dad, why are you handing out engagement party invitations without our knowledge?!" I asked.

"It was spontaneous, Lexi. We're actually planning to tell you and Harry tonight." he said.

"You should've told us about that beforehand." I sighed in annoyance. "Didn't you put in consideration that I can be the media and people's prey after this? Dad, I've worked so hard almost half of my life and my image will just get ruined by... this?!"

"How can your image get ruined? You don't have an official loveteam and besides, didn't it cross your mind that we talked to your manager far before you even knew Harry's your fiancé?" he debated.

I looked away and sighed. "Fine, whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Good." Dad fixed his coat and sat on the couch. "You should actually check your social media already, baka kayo na ang topic ng mga tao ngayon. That's great news 'diba? More popularity, more publicity means more gain on our business."

My brows furrowed and my gaze immediately turned to him. So... they were using us for publicity?! Bakit kailangan ng popularity?

"Don't give me that look, Alexandra." Dad said with authority. "I told you, business is business."

My lips parted and my eyes followed him and Tita Karina as they walked out of the living room.

"Lexi!" I heard Trixie's voice. "Are you alright?"

I sensed that she was balancing my temper and mood but I just looked away and didn't bother to say anything.

"If you're having a bad day or you have no one to talk to... I'm always here. You can always come to me." she said softly and gave me a small smile.