Chapter 3

"Cut!" The director shouted. "Lexi, use your eyes. Sad scene 'to, hindi kayo magka-away."

"Yes, direk." I nodded.

"5, 4, 3, 2... action!" he shouted.

Grae, my co-actor for this teleserye said his dialogue which was supposed to make me cry and I did. I have no lines in this scene so it was a bit hard for me since I will only use my eyes to talk for me but I didn't feel like I was giving it all.

"Cut!" the director said. "We'll take another shot of that scene later, Lexi 'yung mata mo ah, sa'yo itututok ang cam mamaya."

Tumango ako bago kami iginiya ng staff sa stand-by area. I started acting since I was 13 when a production staff noticed me in one of a well-known acting workshops here in the country. Dad was the one who enrolled me there 'cause he believed that it'll boost my confidence. Little did we know that it will become an instrument for me to find where I belong to and I know in my heart that I beling here. In the entertainment industry.

"Lexi, okay ka lang ba? You seem a bit distracted." She said.

"Sorry, direk." I smiled a bit. "I'm just stuck in a... situation. But, I can manage."

"Alright." she nodded. "Kailangan ko 'yang magaganda mong mata mamaya ah."

I smiled and nodded. That was my trademark here in the business, people would always praise my eyes whenever I'm acting and I'm glad that I reached that goal of mine. I remember when I was starting out I would always focus on my eyes 'cause I felt like words coming out of my mouth are nothing if my eyes doesn't speak for me too.

"Lexi," Grae called me when he entered the stand-by area.

"Yeah?"

"You may not know it but I think you sent me the wrong text." tumawa s'ya.

"Huh?" naguguluhang tanong ko.

"You asked me to buy you sushi. Maybe 5 mins ago." he chuckled.

"Omg!" I chuckled when I saw that I really sent him the text I was suppose to send to the staff assigned to our food. "Kaya pala ang tagal ng sushi ko kasi it wasn't sent to the right person."

"Bibilhan pa din kita though." he chuckled.

"Nevermind that." I chuckled.

Tumayo na lang ako at lumabas ng tent para hanapin ang PA ko. Natigilan naman ako nang may marinig akong sumisigaw sa kabilang tent. Pumasok ako roon at nakita ang isang staff na sinisigawan ang babaeng mukhang extra dito sa teleserye.

"Hindi ba ang instruction sa inyo, maayos na damit?!" Sigaw ng staff. "E ano 'to?!"

"H-hindi po ba maayos?" the girl looked like she wanted to cry especially 'cause she's being humiliated in-front of other people.

"Hindi!" Sigaw ng staff. "Kung hindi mo aayusin ang susuotin mo, mabuti pa umuwi kana lang!"

"H-hindi po pwede e. H-huling pera k-ko na po 'yung m-makukuha ko dito 'p-pag sinalang na ako." the girl started crying.

"Papaano ka namin isasalang kung mukhang basahan an-"

"I'll take care of it." nagsalita na ako nang hindi ko na makayanan.

The staff immediately looked at me and his eyes widened. Mukhang hindi n'ya inaasahan na narito ako.

"And, there's no need to shout. You could've just talked to her privately or in a nicer way. You don't need to humiliate her." I said which made the staff look away.