Chapter 15

"Hey, listen..."

I tried getting Nica's attention for the nth time 'cause she was spacing out for a good half an hour already. We're in a waiting shed right now, eating our lunch and I'm starting to get annoyed because she couldn't focus.

"Nica!" I snapped.

"W-what?" She was surprised. "Sorry. Ano 'yon?"

"Nevermind." I rolled my eyes. "What's up with you ba? I'm not surprised na you're lutang kasi lagi ka namang gan'yan pero you're not listening to me. Medyo annoying ha."

"May iniisip lang ako. Anyway, ano ba 'yung sasabihin mo?" Tanong n'ya.

"Okay, so here's the thing..." I started. "I kinda got a confession from someone the other day and I didn't know how to react. Tapos, I was about to say something kaso tumawag si Addie at nag-papasundo sa airport. So, hindi na namin napag-usapan ulit. What should I do?"

"Anong kinda? Ano 'yun 'di ka sure?" She raised a brow.

"Well... yeah." I shrugged. "He didn't directly say 'I like you' but, you know what I mean."

"No, I don't." She smirked.

"Nica," I glared at her.

She teasingly smiled at me and moved closer. "Si Harry ba 'yan?" she whispered.

I knew it! Wala talaga akong matatago sa kan'ya, her instincts are so on point. I just sighed and slowly nodded.

"Oh my god! So, you like him and he likes you!" She said using her enthusiastic voice.

"Yeah?" I was uncertain.

"Then, bring it to the next level na!" she suggested.

"What?! That fast?!" I asked.

"Bakit naman hindi? Jusko, sis, engaged naman na kayo. Sa kasalan lang din naman kayo mauuwi."

"But, I'm not ready for a serious relationship just yet." I honestly told her. "Alam mo naman na, I'm not into those, puro flings lang."

"Then, make him wait until you're ready. At kung, ayaw mo talaga, be honest with him. Huwag mong paasahin 'yung tao." Payo n'ya.

I pouted and looked away. I never had any idea about relationships and stuff 'cause I'm scared that my love life will just end up like my parents'. Affairs, illegitimate children, betrayal. Those were my definition of relationships back then, but when my friends slowly got into their own, I realized that there are more to relationships than what I know. It's about sacrifices, selflessness, patience and respect.

"Pero, hindi na rin ako mag-tataka kung bakit nagustuhan n'yo ang isa't-isa." Biglang sabi ni Nica habang nginunguya ang pagkain n'ya. "You're the total opposite of each other."

"Huh?"

"Kasi, he's the epitome of simplicity while you, baka nga hindi mo alam meaning ng simple e." She chuckled.

"Alam ko kaya!" I defended.

She just chuckled and continued eating. When I got home that night, I noticed that Harry's not home. I just shrugged it off and went upstairs to sleep, I needed to sleep early tonight 'cause tomorrow, I don't think I'll be able to sleep properly. I might end up getting drunk 'cause Addie's inviting us to a club.

The next morning, I woke up around 5am 'cause I already have class at 7am. My brows furrowed when I went downstairs and saw Harry setting the table.

"You did this?" I pointed the food on the table, smiling.

He looked at me and smiled before nodding. I sat on the chair while he was still setting the table. He removed his apron and pushed his hair back before walking towards the living room to get his shirt. I looked away when I saw his half naked body. Gosh, he had abs!