Chapter 8

"Kasi 'diba... I come home to our house so technically, I come home to you 'cause you also own this." I tried to save myself from what I just said.

I saw how his lips formed a smirk which made me raise a brow but I just shook it off. The next day, I needed to meet up with my Dad's secretary regarding the engagement party. It was suppose to be held in the company building but I requested to meet up at the mansion.

"Where's the secretary?" I asked a helper as soon as I arrived.

"Wala pa po."

"So, nauna pa ako?" I raised a brow. "My gosh, so unprofessional." I rolled my eyes and walked towards the kitchen.

"Mommy, I can cut the vegetables."

I stopped when I heard Trixie's voice from the kitchen and when my gaze turned to her, I saw her and Tita Karina cooking.

"Be careful, Trixie." Tita Karina reminded her.

Trixie smiled and took a knife before getting the vegetables on the sink. My brows furrowed when I saw Tita Karina looking at Trixie with adoration.

"Why?" Trixie playfully raised a brow when she caught her Mom.

"Nothing, it's just... my baby's grown up already."

"I'll always be your little girl, Mommy." Trixie chuckled.

"I know." Tita Karina smiled. "Can you get the icing from the fridge? I need to decorate this cake already."

"Oh, okay." Trixie nodded and opened the fridge.

"Trixie! Oh my god!" Tita Karina exclaimed when Trixie put icing on her cheek. "You wanna play, huh?"

"No, Mommy!" Trixie ran a little when Tita Karina piped icing on her finger. "I just took a bath!"

I looked away when I felt tears streaming down my cheeks while I was watching them. I shook my head and let out a deep breath before deciding to just walk around our garden.

Kung buhay pa kaya si Mommy... ganoon din kami? Will she bond with me? Will she attend all the events I have, even the littlest one? Is she proud of me?

Ni hindi ko nga alam kung ano 'yung tunog ng boses n'ya, kung anong pakiramdam na mayakap at mahalikan n'ya o ang maramdaman man lang ang pagmamahal n'ya.

Maybe that's why I always felt like something is missing. Because, the saying might be true, there is no one else than your Mom.

"Miss Lexi?"

I immediately wiped my tears off before lookinh back at the woman who called me. She was my Dad's secretary.

"You're late." I coldly said.

"Uh- sorry, Miss. Traffic po e." she said.

I rolled my eyes and gestured her to follow me inside the house. It was a pretty quick meeting since this wasn't the first time I managed and planned a party so I already knew the basics.

"Lexi, club daw later after ng SSG meeting, g ka?" The SSG VP asked me when I sat down on the table that was beside the mini mart.