𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

It's a Friday night. The sun's asleep as the moon's awake. The stars are at their best tonight.

Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said about Kiara.

Her warm tears dripped onto her pillow with her silent sobs filling the room. She glared at the blue brochure over onto her nightstand for the millionth time. Vexation and displeasure filled her body clean.

She doesn't understand what she did wrong. She doesn't get how they're not understanding. All she did was be a good friend when they needed her and lived her life the way she wanted to. It may have not been the best most times but they didn't give her much of a choice.

Isolation was her only friend, and she desperately needed her old ones back.

All she wanted was to be a pogue. That's all she's ever known. And don't be fooled, she's tried on numerous accounts to be what they wanted her to be and each time she couldn't do it. She couldn't give them what they wanted and it hurt them. Of course it's never intentionally, they're just... collateral damage

Releasing her from her thoughts is her phone ringing.

Kiara sat up quickly wiping her cheeks dry. She looked at the caller. The corner of her lips turned up while her heart grew soft.

The blonde pogue himself.

Not sparing any more time, she picked up.

"Hey wassup?"

"Oh nothin, just wondering if you could do me a small favor."

She rolled her eyes, sighing, "What did you do?"

"Why every time I ask for something you're quick to think I messed somethin up?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe because that's all your plans consist of, sorry for actually listening."

"Okay thank you, but I didn't do anything...surprisingly. Just... look out your window."

"Please tell me you didn't steal an atomic bomb?"

She heard him chuckle, "Well I do know a guy."

"JJ-"

"I'm kidding...partially."

She reached her window moving her curtain to the side. She slid it up, peeking her head out.

She let out a smile seeing him standing before her.

"My parents are going to kill you if they see you, I hope you know that.

He shrugged, "Well it's a good thing I can care less."

"What are you doing here JJ?"

"We haven't seen each other all summer and this is how you treat me?"

She glanced behind her making sure her parents aren't near, "Yes, now answer the question."

"Will you just come down?"

"I can't."

"You can't or you won't?"

"Both."

"Please Kie."

Everything in her wants to go with him. Everything. Seeing him right now is exactly what she needs. Even if it's just once. For the past two and a half months she's worked non stop. A pogue free summer you could say. Correction: a dreadful summer. They've only called or face timed but nothing more.

"J-"

"Nothin to lose, right?"

She couldn't help but let out a grin, "You didn't let me finish, I was gonna say let me get my jacket ."

He threw a small celebration with a huge smile wiping his face, "See you on the way down."

He hung up the phone seeing her go inside. JJ quickly left the yard not wanting to get caught. Seeing Kiara is exactly what he needs. John B and Sarah are having their little honeymoon while Pope and Cleo build a new friendship. He doesn't mind it but it can get a little lonely when they go their own ways at the end of the day. He's tried to meet Kie so many times but Mike and Anna shut him out. Him more than the others. Knowing exactly why.

He stood by his bike seeing the brunette lightly jog over to the gate. She's holding that same grin, closing it quietly.

"Long time no see."

He put his hand out for their typical pogue handshake but instead was greeted by a tight embrace. Her arms wrapped around him burying her head in the crook of his neck. He hesitated for a moment before snaking his hands around her waist.

"Hello to you too."

"I've missed you guys so much, it's literally hell here."

"Sounds like I did  you a favor."

She pulled away slightly, staring at him, "Yeah, you did."

They held each other for a little longer than expected. For the first time it didn't feel...awkward. No sexual comments were made, no weird looks were given. It was just pure admiration. In a friendly way obviously.

Right?

"We should go." She spoke, taking her hands off him

He nodded, stepping away, "Yeah, yeah."

JJ hopped on his bike starting it up. Kiara shortly followed, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"So where we're going?"

"Wherever we want."

As soon as those words left his mouth she broke out another smile. Oh how she's missed those words in the same sentence. Kiara rested her chin on his shoulder. He glanced at her before pulling off.

Then they were off into the wonders of their unknown destinations and a little bit of close proximity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am in love with this. There's probably going to be 10 chapters for this since it's a small fic.  But as always you can reread as much as you want😌
Hope y'all enjoyed <3

Sincerely, Nicole🤎