𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆

Kiara stared out into the view. The warm breeze grazed her skin softly as she swung lightly in the striped hammock. The water rippled, capturing the nature it was reflecting. Admiring the beautiful world when she wasn't feeling the same.

After they left the house, the ride to the château was silent. Gloomy even. Nothing was said. Not a peep, not a sound. But her tears spoke every word. Every phrase. Every thought.

JJ didn't bother to stop her. He could feel her sadness and despair. The aching heart she attempted to hide. He felt deeply for her. He felt anger towards her parents. How could one say such hurtful and horrible assumptions about their own daughter?

Kiara got so much crap already trying to balance both lives when she only wanted one. Why even add fuel to that fire?

"Hey."

The brunette turned to see the blonde. He stood in front of her holding a banana and a bottle of water. She gave him a smile with her nose pink and her cheeks flushed.

"This was all I could find, John B never had the time to grocery shop." He said, handing it to her.

She sat up slowly, taking it.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

JJ ambled over to the opposite end, laying in with her. He glanced at her staring down fidgeting with the banana in her hand with her lips in almost a slight frown. Her eyes were tiresome. Not from sleep deprivation but from sobbing everything out of her.

"Sometimes I think everything I do for them isn't enough." she uttered.

"That no matter how hard I try and change myself just for their satisfaction, it will never be their expectation."

He saw her sweet gaze shifted to his intent one.

"And now she's shipping me off to this place just to create this perfect daughter she was so unfortunate to not have the first time."

She chuckled quietly looking down again. An airy and disappointed one at that.

JJ's hand rested on the lower part of her leg before he spoke, "What your mom said about you isn't true. Any of it. She's just upset that you actually have the balls to do what she probably couldn't for years. You're a dope ass chick, remember that."

Kiara couldn't help but let her grin widen, "Thanks, J."

She even placed her hand on top of his, "I know I said this before, but I had a fun time last night. It was something I really needed. You're a great friend, man."

The last few words were a punch to his gut. Maybe even a hit by a maxi truck. Either way, it hurts.

JJ nodded slightly, internally shaking off the phrase, "Yeah, yeah anytime."

Kiara rubbed the back of his hand softly before getting up, "I'm gonna go take a shower."

He nodded once more.

She quickly turned around, shoving her hands in her back pockets, "Hey, is it okay if I borrow some of your clothes? Mine are kinda....y'know."

JJ felt a bit hesitant but soonly agreed, "Yeah, of course."

"Thanks," she grinned.

He watched her go inside. JJ knows nothing will ever happen between him and the brunette pogue, but his time is so limited. Kiara means too much to him to not even think that maybe they have a possibility.

He can't keep it in much longer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How y'all been?
I have been doing pretty good :)
Until next time.

Sincerely, Nicole 🤎