Cold Shoulders

After being in the hospital for about two weeks, Quinn had finally been discharged, and went back to RidgeWood as normal, or almost normal. Things seemed okay, but Quinn couldn't help that creeping suspicion she had whenever she walked through the halls. For all she knew, anyone could've been "Her Majesty," or a member of the Gold Club in general.

"Uno."

Quinn groaned, placing her cards down, Angus laughed.

"You are horrible at this."

Quinn smirked, "I would've won if you hadn't used that draw four."

Angus shrugged, "It's uno. What else was I supposed to do?"

Quinn chuckled. Jax and Angus had been coming over more often, she figured it was because they wanted to check up on her, but she didn't mind, she liked the company.

"So have you and Midge been talking," Angus asked, shuffling the cards, Quinn shook her head.

"She hasn't talked to me in a while."

Angus scratched his neck, "Oh, I'm sorry."

Quinn sighed, "Don't apologize, it's not your fault."

Angus smiled softly, throwing down a card to start another game, Quinn smiled as well.

"I'm gonna kick your ass."

Angus smirked, "You can sure try."

-•-•-•-

The week went by, and it seemed like things were semi-normal, Quinn and Midge still hadn't talked, but had seen her throughout the halls, she seemed like she was doing fine, which was all Quinn was concerned about.

The crisp fall air was beginning to chill as the seasons began to change, the first flurries of the winter season fell as Quinn typed away.

Usually, she did her homework in her room, but the weather looked decent enough for her to do her work in the campus café.

The smell of coffee and fresh baked goods filled her nostrils as Quinn finished up the last paragraph of her essay. She read through it, checking for spelling errors, found none, and pressed submit.

The café was quiet for the most part, soft music played at a low volume, and the few people that were in there were either doing homework or sleeping.

When she was little, Quinn's dad had always referred to winter as the lazy season, because all anyone really did was lie around. It made sense, most people didn't like going outside in the cold, however, Quinn quite liked it. Winter was calm, and cozy, and she couldn't lie, Christmas was always a good time.

Quinn looked up as she heard the sound of a chair scooting against the floor, her eyes widened as she looked at Midge.

"Can I sit here?"

Quinn wanted to say yes, she wanted to fix things between her and Midge, but thinking back to the argument, she was still upset. She understood that Midge was angry, and felt lonely, and she also understood that it was her choice to go to the party with Midge.

But at the same time, she was upset, because Midge wasn't listening. She didn't understand that what they were doing was dangerous, and could've gotten them killed.

Quinn sighed, "Sorry, I can't talk right now, I have a class."

Quinn quickly gathered her things, and left the café. She would talk to Mudge eventually, she just needed a minute, not just a week.

She looked back at Midge, who seemed upset, but Midge couldn't tell by the look on her face.

Quinn walked off, feeling more empty than she had that whole week.
-•-•-•-

(A/N)

Sorry this took so long. I've been a bit busy with my finals, but now I'm completely finished, thank goodness.

It's finally time for Quinn and Midge to the conversation they've both been dreading, even if it takes them a while.

Next chapter will be a little different from the usual, but I think you guys will like it. :))

Also, sorry for the shorter chapter, like I said earlier, finals have been keeping me busy, but next chapter should be the usual length.

I hope you all have a wonderful morning/afternoon/night!

-SleepyPr1nce