Preparation

"Checkmate."

Quinn groaned, she and Jax had been playing chess, and this was her third loss.

"What? How,"  Quinn exclaimed, try as she might, she couldn't beat Jax.

"You may be the Poker Queen, but I am the Chancellor of Chess," Jax exclaimed, a wide smile across his face.

"Chancellor of Chess? I like that," Quinn giggled.

"Yep. I'm excellent at nicknames," Jax said, "Wanna play again?"

Quinn nodded, then her phone rang, she looked at Jax apologetically, he nodded in understanding.

Quinn answered her phone, "Hello?"

There was silence, then the sound of soft sobs, a quiet voice responded, "Quinn?"

Quinn's eyes widened, it was Jackie, "Yeah, what's up?"

Quinn could hear Jackie sniffle, "I got called to the principal's office over the situation with the pictures, and he says I'm suspended."

Quinn raised a brow, "What? Why?"

Jackie took a moment to answer, most likely wiping her nose, "He said it's because of sexual misconduct, and when I tried to tell about how they have spread around, he wouldn't listen to me."

Quinn bit her lip, "I'm so sorry, Jackie."

Jackie began to sob, "I don't know what to do if my parents found out, they'd be so mad."

Quinn let out a breath, "Hold on, I'll be there in around twenty minutes, okay?"

Jackie sniffled again, "Okay."

Quinn hung up the phone and turned to Jax, who was resetting the chessboard he looked at her with concern, "Everything okay?"

Quinn shook her head, "No, there's something going on with a friend of mine and-"

Jax raised a hand, "Say no more, I understand."

Quinn frowned, "I'm sorry, Jax."

Jax chuckled softly, "It's cool. We can hang out another time."

Quinn nodded and pulled Jax into a hug.

"I'll call you later, okay?"

Jax gave Quinn a wink, "Alright. See you later, Quinn."

"See you."

Quinn waved as she walked off, Jax waved back. Quinn walked to her car and turned on the ignition. As she drove she felt her anxiety rise. What could she do? She could try to talk to the principal, and maybe she could change his mind?

----

Quinn stood outside of the principal's office, she took a deep breath and calmed her nerves.

She softly knocked on the door and nothing came, until a muffled, "Come in," could be heard.

Quinn slowly opened the door. Principal Allen was sitting in his chair, eating pretzels, "Good evening, Miss Murphy. What can do for you?"

Quinn swallowed thickly, "Principal Allen, recently, a friend of mine, Jackie Morrison, had an issue regarding some... embarrassing pictures of her.'

Principal Allen adjusted his glasses, "Yes, I'm aware of Ms. Morrison's... situation."

Quinn exhaled, "Then you know that she shouldn't be catching any sort of flack for this. It's wrong that you're suspending her."

Principal Allen raised an eyebrow, "On the contrary, Ms. Murphy, the pictures in question were sent unprovoked to the male student, she should be lucky that it's suspension that she's getting, and not a lawsuit."