Chapter II

Tuesday, November 3rd
Quintez P.O.V

Once the weekend was over and everyone went back to there respective homes. Monday flew by and it was now Tuesday. I was sitting at lunch with Ray and JB discussing sports. Well they were I was looking at Zara from across the cafeteria...in a non creepy way of course.

"....Quinny" I heard Ray say and that's when I tuned back into the conversation. I glared at him for using that stupid name.

"What you say?" I asked them. They shook their heads and said I was useless. "Would you pay attention and stop staring at her." Ray said.

"I'm not staring. She just happened to be where I was looking at." I said shrugging. I'm not obsessed with her if that's what y'all thinking I just have a strong...admiration.

"Right sure..." JB said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and noticed that Zara had started walking my way. I started to get nervous and turned to my group of friends.

"She's coming over. What do I do. Oh my gosh Is it hot in here?" My friends rolled their eyes at my antics and told me to stay calm. I was taking deep breaths and it seemed like she was walking in slow motion.

"Hey Quintez." She said once she came over. I opened my mouth to say something but I was stuck and I felt my mouth go dry. She looked at me strangely and I wanted to slap myself for being weird. "Ok...I can come back if your busy." She said.

"No! I mean naw your good. Wassup?" I said and I looked over to Ray and JB and they were shaking their heads at me. Can't even blame em. "Right umm can we talk in the hallway?" She asked me.

"For sure." I said and stood up following her outside the cafeteria. "So whatcha need." I said once we got in the hallway.

"Well I heard that your like this handyman? Excuse me if my information wrong." This was it she was gonna ask me to do something for her and we would hang out because of it. Wow I sound fucking creepy.

"Naw I am...kinda I'm still in training but I know how to do most stuff." I told her smiling. I was hoping the still in training wouldn't put her off.

"Great then I need a favor." She said and paused for a sec for a reaction I nodded for her to go on and she did. "I have this problem with my tub...do you know how to do stuff like that?"

"Yeah a lil bit but I can always come over and check it out and if I can fix it I will." I told her. My dad was still teaching me about plumbing but I knew most of the basic stuff.

"Yeah for sure umm I can text you the address and you meet me there after school?" She asked. I was excited on the inside but hid it on the outside hopefully successfully.

"Yeah for sure...actually I can't come directly after school I have to pick up my little sister from daycare then drop her off at my moms then I can come. It shouldn't take more than 30,35mins to do both." I explained.

"Yeah that's fine. I'll see you after school." She said and left down the hall. I returned to the table. They were talking but when I sat down their attention turned to me.

"So what happened?" Ray asked. Before I could answer the bell ring and it was time for 5th period. "I'll tell y'all later I gotta get to class." I told them and took my leave.

The whole day it was like I was on cloud 9. I was a lot more smiley then usual. My friends were still pissed because I haven't told them yet but they'll know soon enough. It was the end of the day and I was staring up my car when I got a text from Zara telling me her address.

Now usually I take my time enjoying being outside and driving but today I was definitely in a hurry. When I got to the daycare I went inside got my sister and put her in the car.