Chapter XIII

Friday, January 15th
Quintez P.O.V

"Quin hurry yo ass up!" My dad yelled from upstairs.

"I'm trying it's not turning!" I yelled from the basement.

"If I come down there and it turns I'm punching you." I put all my strength into turning the knob which turned on the water.

"There you go son!" I rolled my eyes and made my way upstairs.

"Thank you boys." My grandma on my mom side said once I got in the kitchen.

"No problem grandma. Water should be just fine now." I told her and gave her a hug.

"Yeah and if it ain't just call." My dad said. After saying a proper goodbye we left the house.

"Go take a shower." My dad said once we got in the house.

"I'm fin to. Aye can I go with JB and them. Please Jaz here and they wanted to link?"

"Gon head but after you take a shower and clean that room." He said.

"Thanks Dad." I said and went upstairs geeking. I text the groupchat that we should meet up at this diner near school.

After I got took a shower and got dress I went to my car. I made my way to the diner and after about 10mins I was there. I walk in and everybody was already there.

"Wassup." I said sitting down wit the group.

"Look who it is." Ray said.

"Hey Quinny." Jazmine said.

"Stop calling me that."

"Man where the fuck have you been?" Ray said bumping shoulders wit me.

"Yeah you haven't text nobody back. N*gga been ignoring us." JB said in his nonchalant voice.

"I haven't. My dad had me working wit him everyday and you know how busy he be."

"Could've shot us a text back." Jaz said rolling her eyes.

"You right. I just ain't feel like talking I was hella pissed off. I ain't wanna take my anger out on y'all for nothing."

"So what had happened anyway?" Ray asked me.

"Man. So Mike had went to school with Zara before she moved here and was talking bout how she was 'mediocre' back then but now she 'bad' and he had asked me to hook them up and I told him no because she don't do relationships. He said that she was playing hard to get and that she just need some good you know in her life." I explained to them. Honestly I was getting pissed at the thought.

"Wow." JB said. He looked like a thousand thoughts was swarming around in his head.

"That's disgusting." Jaz said making a face.

"That's what I was thinking. But after he said that last line it had just set me off."

"Man that dude looked fucked up when I saw him." Raymond said.