Chapter XIV

Thursday, February 4th
Quintez P.O.V

"You can't lie that shit was funny." I said laughing at Dc's diss.

"They always going for Nick head." Zara said laughing too from beside me.

"Tru. The easiest target on the show." I said and we sat there watching again. A couple minutes Marcus came in the room.

"Hey Z. You left this in the kitchen." Marcus said. He had a flyer in his hand and Zara looked at it for a sec before dismissing it.

"Oh I don't need that you can throw it away." She said and he left the room mumbling.

"Valentine's dance." I heard Marcus whisper to hisself. It made me jump up and stop him from leaving.

"Valentine's? Let me see that." He handed over the flyer and I read it. "Dang it's already close to Valentine's Day."

"Yep 10 more days." Marcus said leaning against the door frame.

"Dang this dance is sweet. It's mostly juniors and seniors. And after the dance is a after party and after that it's the after after party." I said and they looked at me weird. "It's like a exclusive party only seniors though you might catch 1 or 2 juniors there. It's just drugs like weed some pills heavy liquor I went last year to see what it was about. I left 5 mins later wasn't my scene."

"You been to these dances then. You got a date?" Marcus asked me.

"Naw not yet. You going right?" I asked Zara.

"Me? Oh no I don't go to dances." She said and I looked at her shocked.

"You telling me you've never been to a school dance?"

"Nope. I usually stay home with Marcus." I looked towards him and he nodded.

"Wow. Your finna graduate and you've never been to not nan one dance. That's it your my date. We're going together."

"No no no." She said was shaking her head.

"Good luck convincing her." Marcus said laughing then left.

"Oh cmon Zara we have to go. This and prom is the last dances this year before we graduate."

"Good because I wasn't going to prom either."

"Are you fr!?" I said shocked.

"Dead serious. Look Tez dances, being around hella people..it's just not my thing."

"But you were at Michael's party."

"Actually I was only there because Shay called me and she sounded really drunk so I went to give her a ride home. I don't usually go to parties they ain't my thing." Not totally unlikely Shay goes to basically every party and her and Zara are actually pretty close.

"What about Jay hangout."

"Again Shay."

"Ok...What if I promise to downplay it. Only Seniors and maybe a couple Juniors. No drama only fun. Please." I said dragging it.

"And how are you gonna do that?" She asked and I sat up and scoffed.

"I'm popular Z." I said and she laughed.

"Fine. If you can make that happen then I'll go."

"Yes! I'll call you later I gotta go." I said and ran out the house geeking.

During the rest of the week I called in favor after favor. I was determined to make this the best dance ever. It was currently Tuesday and I was sitting in my room at my mommas house with Ray and JB. Jaz was also on ft with us.

"So why exactly are you going so hard for this dance when we still have prom left?" Ray asked.

"Because I can't control prom it's the last dance of the year and I can't deny people from going. But the Valentine's Day dance is something I can control. I called in basically ever favor I had." I told em.

"Like what?" Jazzy asked. I took JB's phone and propped it up.

"I made sure it was only cool people there nobody that's gon be extra and start drama. I made sure all the cool teachers were chaperoning and I got Alicia cousin to DJ." I said proudly.

"The famous one?" JB asked.

"Yep. So it's gonna be perfect and I got my suit. Now all I gotta do is ask her properly this time."

"Sounds like you got everything planned out."

"Yep." I said smiling. I was happy. Friday is gonna be great.

After we got done hanging out I left my moms house and made my way over to Zara spot. I knocked on the door and Marcus answered.

I made my way upstairs and knocked on her bedroom door before entering.

"Hey Z."

"Hey Quin. It's pretty late." She said checking her phone.

"I know but I wanted to ask you something."

"And what's that?"

"If you wanted to go to the Valentine's dance with me?" I said and she looked like she was about to protest so I interrupted. "Before you say no I made good on my promise and it's gonna be great. I called in a bunch of favors and nobody that'll cause drama will be there. All our friends and people I trust to make it a good time I swear."

"....Fine. I'll go." She said and contained my excitement. I took a deep breath and smiled.

"Cool. Umm Jazmine is going shopping for a dress if you wanted to join her she wanted me to ask you."

"Wait speaking of Jazmine why don't you just go with her? I mean it would be a good chance to out your crush on her."

"I wanna go with you. It's your first dance and I wanna be the one that takes you. I'll worry about Jazmin another time." I said and she went silent and just nodded.

"Good so you'll call her?" I asked.

"Uhh yeah I'll call her. Just text me her number."

"Bet. I'll see you tomorrow." I said and left.

Once I got in my car I was happy as fuck. I turned J.Cole new album on and turned the radio all the way up while I drove home.

Once I got there and got down to my room ignoring the calls from my dad and them. I was jumpin and shit because I was so excited. After I calmed down I went out and explained everything thing to them.

The dance is gonna be great

-----------------------
Introduction to the next chapter

Vote and Comment