Chapter I

Saturday, October 31st
Quintez P.O.V

"One more shot Quinny you got this." I heard Raymond one of my best friends say to me.

"Don't call me that asshole." I said because he knows how much I hate that nickname. He just smiled at me and patted me on the shoulder.

"Just take the shot Quinny you got this." I heard Jabril another one of my best friends say. I just rolled my eyes and began to concentrate.

I threw the white ping pong ball and watched it soar in the air for a couple of seconds before landing into the last solo cup on my opponent's side winning me the game.

"You did it!" I heard Ray yell while dapping me up. I looked around the party and heard everybody cheering except for the guy who lost  against me he looked pretty upset.

"He really is the best." JB said coming up to my side. Everybody was congratulating me and saying how I was unstoppable that we didn't notice her come in.

"Your good but I bet you couldn't beat me." I turned around to be faced with Zara. I was stuck for a minute not really knowing what to say to that but I didn't have to before I heard Ray speaking up again.

"Zara didn't expect you to be here. You tryna play him?" Ray asked her. She smiled and nodded her head and that got the crowd going again. I heard people start to change they opinions and say how 'she's the best at the game' and 'she was for sure gonna win'.

I couldn't even deny it because after 2 and a half games imma little drunk off my ass. The room was sorta spinning and I couldn't really think straight. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Zara.

"You good there?" She asked. I looked around her to see people setting up the game and I wanted to throw up at the sight of it. No matter how much I liked her I didn't want to seem weak she's my opponent right now.

"Naw I'm chilling." I said sorta swaying back and forth. She noticed my slurred words and rocking body and smirked.

"Right. You seem pretty drunk and I just got here. You sure you wanna do this?" She asked but she actually sounded concerned at the end. I was about to say something but got interrupted by my other best friend Jazmin.

"Yo are you ok? Your swaying." She said and made me face her to make sure I was ok. I pushed her hands out my face. "I'm good." I told her. She rolled her eyes and didn't seem convinced.

"Your gonna get your self killed. You really gonna do this?" She asked. I once again nodded my head because I felt like it I spoke I would throw up. She rolled her eyes once again and went back to the corner where she was watching the game.

"It's time. Be careful and don't force yourself to drink it you can quit anytime." I heard Zara say then go to the other side of the table. Her words made me smile.

"Are we ready?" I heard the host of the party Michael ask. Me and Zara nodded and we were about to start when a random person call out.

"Why don't we make the stakes higher since they both super good at the game?" A guy yelled out. Everyone seemed to agree so Michael asked if we was ok with it and we shrugged.

"Bet. How about whoever loses has to do whatever the winner says for a whole week." Michael asked the crowd. Everyone agreed.

Me and Zara shook hands on the deal and I broke out into a smile because I got to hold her hand even if it was for a quick second. I know I'm weird I get it.

After we started I realized how good she was because just like me she made all her shots. 5 cups in and I was really feeling it. I sunk another shot and she drank and when it was her turn she made it yet again.

I looked down at the cup I was about to drink and watched the liquid move around. I felt a sudden wave of nausea fall over me and made my way to the bathroom cutting through the long line.

"You ok?" I heard Jaz ask. I threw up more and she took that as an answer. After I felt slightly better I went back out to the table.

"Gotta give it to you, your good." I told Zara. She smiled and said, "Thanks honestly if you weren't so drunk already you definitely would have given me a real challenge." She said and I broke out into yet another smile.

"Looks like Zara got herself a errand boy for the next week." Michael said. Everybody went back to conversing and partying after.

"Let's get y'all home." Jazmine said coming up to me and the boys. "Yeah it's getting late." JB said. I offered up my house for everyone to stay at since it was 12am. I turned around to say bye to Zara before I left but she was already gone.

"Be careful." I heard Jaz say. Once we got to my house she was helping me out the car and into the house. We got into my room and she helped me change into some comfortable clothes.

After I was done getting dress I left the room and let her do her thing. I went to the living room and saw Ray and JB in the kitchen talking. I sat down on the couch and was falling asleep when I heard Jaz come back upstairs.

"Damn I'm tired." She said sitting next to me. The other 2 joined after. "Same that party was hype." Ray said.

"Agreed. It was very fun Quinny even got to see his little crush." JB said and at the mention of Zara I sobered up a little more. I chose to ignore the dumb nickname.

"Thas—I—shutup asshole." I said not being able to even form a response. They all laughed and I sat there annoyed with them.

"As much fun as it is to mess with Quinny I'm sleepy." Jaz said. Again with the nickname. "I wish y'all would stop calling me that." I said and that just made them laugh again.

"Never gonna happen." Jaz said and walked off to the guest room. Me and the boys went downstairs and sat on the couch down here.

"Look at you getting to be Zara's servant for a whole week." Ray said laughing. I couldn't help but smile I didn't mind not one bit.

"Aye I'm not saying I ain't upset but if she happen to need me to come over her house you ain't hearing no complaints from me." I said laughing.

"Starting to think you lost on purpose." JB said raising his eyebrow. "I didn't. She's really good I think my crush on her got bigger if that's even possible. Fuck." I said and they laughed.

"Take yo ass to bed." Ray said jokingly. "I'm about to fr though imma have a major headache in the morning." I said getting up.

"I'll put some medicine by your bed." JB said. They annoy me heavily but at the end of the day they good friends. "Thanks, night." I said and walked off to my room. We stay at each others places basically every weekend they know where everything at.

———————————————————————
A lil sneak peek at my new book😌

Tell me what y'all think of it

I won't be updating again until June but I'm still writing PT.2 of smooth & satisfying so I'll prolly finish that before I finish this.

Anyway I hope y'all like it.

Vote and Comment