Emergency

"911 emergencies" The operator speaks in a firm tone.

"I need some help. I need to trace a missing person." Marco answers in a calm and composed tone.

"Whom do we want to trace and why?"

"Tangi Ashok, she is missing from last night. Ashok Krish, her hubby, has head injuries and is unable to recall anything."

"Okay, what's your name?"

"Marco Jones. One more info... It looks like Ashok is admitted in the hospital and has been given first aid."

"Okay, give me a minute. I am checking emergency logs." The operator places the call on-hold.

"Quickly, grab your insurance card. They might need the number to trace." Marco hisses on my ear.

I get up in a jiffy, crawl myself out of the house, jump the broken window and search for my wallet. After a frantic search, I rush to Marco's and shout in despair, "Marco, my wallet... missing Marco. Missing Marco. Missing Marco. Missing Marco. Missing Marco. Missing Marco. missing marco"

The operator comes back online and says, "No one by the name Ashok Krish received emergency treatment in the past twenty-four hours. Do you have his insurance number?"

"Thank you. Unfortunately, No. His wallet is missing.

"Okay, I am sending cops to your residence. They will help you track the missing person and get medical assistance for your friend." He pauses for a minute and says, "Hold-on... there are possibilities of getting treated even without the insurance number in case of accidents. Can you check if there's a hospital tag in his hand?"

"No, he has not." Marco answers promptly. "His head has been bandaged. At the back of his head, he is still bleeding."

"Okay, do one thing. Check the logo of the hospital in the bandage."

"Okay, gimme a minute." He says on the phone. "Ash, come here for a minute." He examines my bandage and responds to the operator. "BHC, it is."

"Bellevue Hospital Center, East Avenue." Cutting the operator short Marco says, "The cops are here."

"Perfect, they will serve you better. I wish your friend a speedy recovery. I hope your missing friend is back home soon."

"Thank you for the kindness." Marco hangs up the phone and rushes to the door.

"Cops..." The man in light blue shirt over dark blue trousers with a brass badge on his chest speaks in a strong tone.

"Marco Jones," Marco extends his right hand for a handshake.

"Ashok Krish from India." I introduce myself to the men in light blue.

"Ashok received emergency treatment for head injury last night in BHC, East Avenue. He is unable to recall what happened to him or his wife Tangi Ashok, missing from last night. Her number is not reachable." Marco narrates the incident to the cops bearing the nameplates James and Jennifer. James, the enthusiastic officer, makes a call to BHC, East Avenue. "Emergency care, BHC. You are speaking to John. How can I help you?" An operator says in a casual tone.
"James, NYPD, speaking. Can you help me with the list of out-patients reported with head injuries last night?"

"Sincere apologies, officer. I am afraid if I can give patients information to you. I request you to standby. I need to get this request verified and approved from my higher official. Or I request you to visit BHC for first-hand information of the patients."

"I appreciate your response. I am coming along with Jennifer, my co-officer at work, Marco and Ash..." He stammers, unable to pronounce my name. After hanging up the phone, we get into the police car and drive down to BHC, East Avenue.

Marco opens the car door for me. I struggle to get up from the seat, but with the help of James and Marco, I get out of the car. We head to Emergency. James, quick enough to spot the direction, helps me with a wheelchair and Marco steers the wheels following James and Jennifer. First to the reception to cross check the list of patients.

"James and Jennifer, NYPD. I spoke to one of your operators a few minutes ago." James spoke to the receptionist.

"Nice meeting you officer. John, I spoke to you on the phone. I have collected the list of patients. I was here when Raj came to the hospital with two other people at around five in the morning.

He was bleeding and literally semi-conscious. Since he lost his wallet which had the insurance card, we had to consider him out-patient. After doctors addressed his injuries, they explained the situation to his friends; the possibility of memory loss and advised Raj good sleep and bedrest."

Marco interrupts him, "He is Ash, Ashok Krish and not Raj. If they were his friends, for sure, they would have known his name; they are not Ash's friends. They must be..."

"Marco... They may not be friends, but they know me well. They are here with a motto: they need me alive at the same time locked safely without any gadgets. Otherwise, there is no reason to lock me home." I speak in a ruptured tone. I get up from the wheelchair, tears brim my eyes and I whisper, "My wife is missing... I need to find her."

To Be Continued... 💜

Makkalae... Happy to come up with this story and, I hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much I did when I penned it.

Story Eppadi Pogudhu? What do you expect to happen next? Please comment your thoughts.

Short-a sollanuma... Padithauden Vote-u Podunga... Vote-u Potauden Comment Pannunga... Comment Pannuden Share Pannunga... Intha Ordera Eppavum Marakateenga!

Comments & Votes Are the Mandatory Things For Mr. Twister To Live A Happy Life! Contribute Your Share Without Fail Makkale!

Follow Me On Instagram @saravspace and @ ashangifanfiction