Crossroads

Everyone gets into the police car. He directs Jennifer to get in touch with Niharika and her colleagues in case her number is not reachable. And so is true for the rest of them. He accelerates the car after switching on the siren. Jennifer gets in touch with the command center to track Niharika, her colleagues, friends, colleagues and relatives of Harish and Raman.

I hear Jennifer speaking with them and nodding her head in despair. I carry a heavy heart.

"Jennifer, NYPD. Am I speaking to Robert?"

"Robert speaking. How can I help you?"

"It's an emergency. I need to get in touch with Niharika – she reports to you at work – I am unable to reach her on mobile phone."

"It's the same in my case. Even I am unable to reach her on mobile phone or at her place. It's been a month since she reported to work. I discussed this issue with Ashok a week ago and, looks like even he is unable to reach her. Maybe, she returned to India without informing any of us." Robert pauses, thinks for a minute and adds, "Niharika is a bad woman. She had misbehaved with Ashok a couple of times back in India. She even tried misbehaving with me a couple of months ago." Robert pauses again, gulps water, "Is there a problem?"

Ashok's wife, Tangi is missing and, he is injured badly. We are trying to trace any one of the locations, but we are unable to get there. Anyways, thanks for the information, Robert. We will get back to you in case we need more information from you." Jennifer disconnects the phone call, glances at James, Marco and finally me, "It's suspicious."

Jennifer reaches out to Niharika's colleagues on the phone and she hears similar responses from almost all of them. "It's been a month since she stopped working. Ashok can help in getting touch with her."

Neither Harish colleagues nor his friends could help in any way to the case. Raman had no one other than Harish as friends. The ray of hope diminishes in the past half-an-hour for James, Jennifer, and Marco. James bangs the steering wheel out of frustration.

As they are about to reach New Platz, New York, Jennifer asks Marco that if he read anything about Niharika in the manuscript.

Marco speaks, exhaustedly. "Niharika is Ashok's colleague. Even though she is a junior at office, still she managed to grab the onsite opportunity and, along with Ashok she flew to New York.

For the initial days of her career, she always envied Tangi. Be it on the social media posts or even when they hanged out together, Niharika has shown hatred on Tangi visibly. If I remember well... in one of the instances, when Ashok hosted a party at his place to celebrate the success of the project, Niharika kissed Ashok deeply, though she later claimed that she went out of control after having too much of whisky in the party. And in another instant..."

James interrupts Marco apologising and says in a low tone, contrasting to his usual energetic tone, "We reached New Platz. Let's park in the car in the petrol station, refresh and get ready to take those bodies down."

Though I hear everything still I am unable to open my eyes. I struggle, the effects of being sedated I believe. I rub my eyes and look for James and Jennifer. They are standing in front of the car speaking to command center officials in the walkie-talkie. I hear them feebly now, but at the first look I understand that they are still clueless on the case.

For James and Jennifer, it is another life at the outline though they are genuinely putting their heart out in the search. For Marco, it is his neighbour's life. For me... Tangi, my love, my life. My memory could have failed me, but my instincts never will. I need to bring Tangi back in my life.

I may not have a clue on what's happened to her, but my heart feels that she is being tortured to death and she needs my help badly. Otherwise why did I wake up after being sedated? Why did I break open the window? Why did Marco help me? Why did James and Jennifer drive all the way to New Platz.

It all happened because I love Tangi with all my heart and soul and, I believe we are destined to be 'together forever'. This may be another crossroad of our life, but this too shall pass, sooner for better. Of this I am sure, here I am, on a mission to save Tangi and start my life fresh again. I'm there for you, always... all the time. I'll be with you, very soon, Tangi.

I get down from the car.

"Social media is a good bet, I Believe. Should we talk to officials?" Marco goes out of the way and suggest tracking social media profiles of Niharika, Harish and Raman to nail Person X. Jennifer agrees, James acknowledges the idea, and Jennifer connects to the command center.

To Be Continued... 💜

Makkalae, eppadi irukku? How's it? Write down your feedback in the comments without fail. Appadiya share the story with your family and friends on WhatsApp. Marakaama... FOLLOW me on Instagram: https://instagram.com/saravspace Unga support enaku kandipa venum!

Comments & Votes Are the Mandatory Things For Mr. Twister To Live A Happy Life! Contribute Your Share Without Fail Makkale!