Vengeance

"All of these ill-doings for Ashok?" asks Harish with fear-filled eyes. "After all she is our friend, and schoolmate, too? What did she do to deserve death??"

"Are you schoolmates?" Sanjay asks in surprise. After all he knows the masked woman only for a couple of years and his unexpressed love for her made him stand by her.

Tangi opens her blood-red eyes again. She, for sure, knows the masked woman is none other than her long-time friend Shivani, but what shatters her heart into pieces is Shivani's words, 'I saw your father and mother dying in front of my eyes.'

Shivani removes her mask and says, "I have tales to tell, things to settle with this..."

Sanjay and Raman roll chairs next to Shivani while Harish still sits in the same place as before... close to Tangi, monitoring her heartbeat now and then without anyone knowledge.

"Why would I risk all our lives just for the sake of Ashok? I, for sure, love him, but this pain is much deeper than love. It is a long story." Shivani speaks in rage.

"Then why did we risk so much to save him... Ashok." Harish tries to understand the motive behind Shivani's vengeance so that he can calm her down and try saving the pregnant Tangi.

"Simple. I do not want Ashok to die because of Tangi. In fact, I tried saving him from this marriage but he too fell prey to this bitch gimmicks... so-called love. Bullshit."  Shivani is visibly angry, "It all started a decade ago when we were studying Standard X. Board Exams were due in a month's time. Tangi and I had a detailed preparation timetable and we adhered to it all the time like every other year in the past." Shivani exhales air like a dragon. "We are thick friends from our kindergarten days. No... we were best of the best friends till last New Year. The day that changed all the equations of my life." She says, stammering in-between, exhaling and inhaling breaths.

"Do you need some water?" Sanjay interrupts to calm her down.

"I am okay. Uff... Bala." Fresh tears brim in Shivani's eyes. "Bala, my elder brother, died in an accident. He was studying Standard XII... studious, school pupil leader, school topper in Standard X, a good football and cricket player and, of course, a good-hearted and good-looking human. He was a crush for many girls in my school but his ill-fate, he fell in love with this bitch." Shivani cannot control her tears while she narrates the happenings. "He loved Tangi to bits and pieces. He proposed his love on Tangi's birthday, which she rejected and, I respect her decision. It's her choice."

"Oh, that's unfortunate. When you respected her decision at such a tender age why do you want to kill her and her family now? And I am sorry for your loss, Shivani." Sanjay jumps into conversation again.

"Because Bala did not die in the accident. He jumped in front of the train to kill himself because of this bitch and her intimidating words. No one was aware... at least I was not till I found his old diary. His painful words conveyed the huge amount of mental pressure he had to undergo which provoked him to commit suicide. That's when I made up my mind to avenge Tangi and her loved ones. The first to die was her parents... I carefully plotted the accident to kill them together in one-shot, but this bitch survived miraculously. I was so happy in the hospital when doctors said that she has only 5% chance to live that made Ashok cry badly. After a brief time, Ashok walked-in to the ICU, I assume he spoke with her for about an hour and when he walked-out of the ICU, he spoke in high confidence that Tangi will recover soon and he is leaving to USA. I laughed that night wholeheartedly dreaming that Tangi will die and there will be none beside her body to cry and so I left for Bangalore. Much to my surprise she recovered very soon and even flew to USA to live with Ashok happily. I cannot tolerate that and that's why we are here to end this once for all. I am glad it works perfectly so far."

"Bala committed suicide because I rejected his love proposal. Seriously! Do you believe that he died because of me?" Tangi speaks in a strong tone with her eyes wide open.

"Of course, because of you." Shivani kicks Tangi on her breast. Tangi coughs. Blood oozes out of the cut.

To Be Continued... 💜

Makkalae, eppadi irukku? How's it? Write down your feedback in the comments without fail. Appadiya share the story with your family and friends on WhatsApp. Marakaama... FOLLOW me on Instagram: https://instagram.com/saravspace Unga support enaku kandipa venum!

Comments & Votes Are the Mandatory Things For Mr. Twister To Live A Happy Life! Contribute Your Share Without Fail Makkale!