Kadavul Setting

"Ashok-eyy" Tangi runs towards me, jumps on me and hugs me tight for the first time. "Ashok-eyy, our short film "Kadavul Setting" is Trending at No. 1 on YouTube. Yay, we did it! Our team's hard work is getting appreciated as I see a lot of positive encouraging comments."

I help her get down. "Super ma... super ma... you are one awesome director and singer. And, I trust your talent. We will do more and more short films. I am sure of this; all of the movies will be a massive hit."

"We must wait, Ashok-eyy. If we Trend at No. 1 on YouTube for a week, then we will think about our next short film." Tangi says forgetting to breathe.

"What about our Instagram Post –'Kadavul Setting'? It is yet to cross our initial target of 1000 likes and 500 comments." I say showing my phone.
"Take it easy, Ashok-eyy... it will soon happen Ashok-eyy." Tangi keeps it simple.

I admire the optimistic side of her and, she immediately sings a song from a popular short film we watch often. The greens in my garden becomes purple as she sings.

"Muzhusa unakkena naan vaazhuren pudhusa dhinam dhinam ena paakkuren. Azhutha thozhula naan saanjupen. Alavillaama aasai vekkuren. Yeno thaano nindru pona naalum, ellaam neeye endru maaruthae."

I stand mesmerized. It starts to drizzle, and she drags me to the swing put in the middle of the garden under the mango tree. The child inside us celebrates the beauty of nature as we both stretch our hands outwards playing on the swing.
By the time the rain stops we are drenched completely. We rush inside my villa through the back door. I give her a towel and grab one for me. I rush inside my bedroom to change to a night wear quickly.

I grab a purple tee and a black track pant for her. "It's brand new... brand new... brand new ma... feel free to use any one of the rooms and change ma." I say looking into her eyes.

"Thanks, Ashok-eyy. I am okay even if it used ones." Tangi puts her tongue out and I lose myself at her witty response.

She is quick to change and return, "Ashok-eyy, the track pant is too big for me. Can you please help me with shorts?" I try not to smile and so, I nod and grab a freshly washed shorts from the cupboard. She goes inside to change again. When she comes out, I lose myself in her... she looks very cute. Looking into her eyes, I stammer to say, "You look very cute ma.".

She leans forward and kiss me on my lips. No love proposals. No love-chats. No hour-long calls. It's just heart-heart connection. Pure love, it is!

* * *

Tangi smiles with her eyes closed. The blood drips faster this time. She relives another sweet memory of her lifetime.

* * *

Tangi comes out of the room and asks, "How am I looking, Ashok-eyy?"

Tangi is wearing a purple-coloured sari with matching stone-studded designer blouse, metallic bangles, big dazzling studs on her ears, and a bindi. The thin stone-studded neckpiece adds beauty to her elegant neck. The way she draped the sari with five pleats over the shoulder, baring the midriff, attracts me like a magnet. She is almost surreal, dreamlike.

"Ashok-eyy, don't get lost in my beauty... say something na... How am I looking?"

I look at her once again from top to bottom, "Gazing at the most beautiful woman in the world, I run out of words. I am not a poet who can weave words instantly, but of this I am sure; God must have used all His skills to create you."
Tangi blushes like she has never blushed before. I hold her and kiss this blushing angel. There is no better way to appreciate my 'cuteness overloaded' girl.

We get into the car and drive to Barbeque Nations. As soon as we get down, she holds my right hand and we walk much like a couple.

All eyes are on us tonight. She whispers into my ears, as we get a grand reception till we sit at our table.