Chapter 6: It's Normal

TW: little abuse

It's now Monday morning. Maya did as her dad said, and never came out of her room. She read so many books, did some homework and FaceTimed Carina a bit. There is banging on Maya's bedroom door, it's 5am, her dad starts screaming, "Get up you little shit. Hit the showers and get ready for school. I'll get your brother,"

Maya really hates when her dad calls her a 'little shit' but it's whatever. She took a quick shower and got dressed. Her dad never feeds her breakfast or dinner so she has to fend for herself and her brother. Mason comes downstairs and into her room, "Ready?"

"Yeah, let's go," Maya says swinging her bag over her shoulder, "Dad, we're leaving,"

The only response they got was, "6pm sharp,"

They walked to the corner and waited for Carina.

~~~

Now Carina's home is way different. But let's not get into that. Let's just say, it's breakfast. Ms. Deluca made some homemade danish yesterday for breakfast today.

They were so good. There was cherry, blueberry, and pineapple. "Hey, mama. Can I take two for Maya and Mason?"

"Of course. I'll put them in a baggie, go get ready."

Carina went upstairs. She brushed her teeth and Dutch braided one side of her hair so it is half braided half down. She chose a baby blue crop top with some leggings and black vans. She felt like being comfy today. Carina grabbed some books, her laptop, some pens, a charger, all the assentials for school and some extra things for Maya, just in case.

Carina downstairs and say Andrew sitting on the couch watching something before we left, "Here. There is a Cherry and a Blueberry."

"Thank you, mama," the time read, 6:55 , they have to pick up Maya and Mason at 7:03 in order to get the boys to school by 7:12 and they would get to school at 7:20, "Come on, Andrea. We gotta go get Mason and Maya," he rolled his eyes a little and gave Mama a kiss on the cheek, his sister did the same, "See ya after school, probably with Maya and her brother,"

"Okay, see you all then,"

~~~

They finally reach the corner with Maya and Mason. They get in the car with Carina's girlfriend in the passenger and Mason in the back like every weekday morning and afternoon, "Hey, baby. Morning okay?" The couple kiss super quickly so the boys don't see.

She shrugged, "It was fine, I guess."

"I have something to make it better," Carina shakes the bag of danishes a little. Maya's eyes light up, "there's cherry and blueberry?"

Maya spoke quickly, "I'll have the cherry one cause Mason gets sick with red dyes or any red fruit,"

"Alrighty here you go and here...you go, Mason,"

Carina drove away and occasionally looks at her girlfriend and the rear view mirror to look at Mason and her brother. The way the two siblings were eating the danish, it was like they haven't eaten yesterday.

~~~

They drop the boys off at school, then drive to the high school. Carina's hand on Maya's thigh, she looks like so much is running threw her mind. Carina finally breaks the silence, "How was the morning really,"

Maya let out a sigh before answering, "It's just like every morning, but this one sucked for some reason. Just something about it. I just wanna rip his face off when he busts into my room and calls me a 'little shit' I hate it,"

"I'm so sorry, bambina,"

~~~

The car ride was silent after that conversation. They finally arrived at school when Carina said, "Think about this. After school, you and your brother get a hot meal and you get some cuddle time with me,"

Maya inhaled deeply thinking about being in Carina's arms at the end of the day, "Okay, let's do this. Just 7 hours of school. I can do this,"

"Yes you can. Now let's go so we're not late for first period because we might get ISS (in school suspension) if we're late again," Maya nodded and they both hopped out, interlocked fingers and headed to class.

~~~

School went fine. Nothing really happened. It's time for them to go home now. First they have to go get their brothers.

"How was school," Maya asked as the two friends got in the back of the car.

"Fine, nothing interesting," the rest of the car ride home was pretty quiet, nothing interesting happened today.

~~~

The kids finally arrive at Carina and Andrew's house. They run inside, all kinda in a good mood.

"Hey guys, hope school was good. I made some turkey sandwiches if you would like,"

A trail of 'sure' surrounded downstairs. They sat down and ate their sandwiches.

"Grazie, mama," Andrew says. Him and Mason run upstairs to probably play video games.

"Thank you, mama. Maya we should do homework before anything else,"

"Good idea," Maya says agreeing. The girls run upstairs.

~~~

They finished their homework, cuddled and made out a little. Then ate dinner and now it's time for Mason and Maya to leave. Maya gives Carina a kiss and Mason and Andrew do their cute little handshake.

~~~

Arriving at their dad's house, they open the door but it's awfully quiet. The kids look around for their father. They finally found him, passed out on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand and more on the coffee table.

Maya whispered, "He's gonna drink himself to death,"

Mason giggled, "For the better maybe,"

"Yeah,"

The kids scurried off to their rooms and stayed there for the night, hoping to not wake their dad, they didn't.

Mason did some homework that is late and Maya FaceTimed Carina for the rest of the night until both of them fell asleep.

A/N

This chapter is very short, I know.
I needed this though to get to the thing I have planned. It's gonna be good.

Thoughts???