Chapter 19: Let's Ditch

It's Thursday morning. The kids are out the door and now at school. Today is the girlfriends little date in town.

~~~

It's first period. Andy walks in and sits down next to Maya and starts listing off all the drama that has already started, "Okay, so you know Maggie. She was dating Jackson but they just broke up. She screamed at him. Not even ten minutes later Jackson kisses Vic and Maggie goes to the nerd Winston. Like what the fuck. They were one of the most known couples,"

"And that all happened-,"

"Within...the...hour," Andy says with her eyes wide. Just then the teacher walks in grabbing everyone's attention and starts class.

~~~

The bell rings and the kids walk out of the room to their next class. Maya is standing at her locker when she feels two arms snake around her and picks her up then swings her in one circle. "Hey baby. Did you hear...?"

"That Jackson kissed Vic? Yes,"

"It's crazy,"

"I know,"

The girls see Vic skipping down the hall then stops at them, "Hello," she says perky.

"Is Jackson a good kisser?"

"Oh, my God yes!!! It was like kissing literal God. Ahh," she sighs dreamily. "You guys are standing together. You skipping?"

Carina lets go of the waist she was holding, "Maybe,"

Vic jumps up and down and says very fast, "The whole friend group should go. Not to invite ourselves but it will be sooooo fun. We'll go get ice cream and got to the park and shit,"

Maya agrees, "Yes. Everyone should come. Tell just our group to meet in the auditorium before the second bell. If they're late, we leave 'em here," the curly-haired woman nods then walks off. "This'll be fun,"

"Yes it will. Maybe a little crazy,"

~~~

Everyone is now in the auditorium. It's Travis, Vic, Andy, Maya, and Carina. The rest never wanna skip school, it's whatever. Besides Jack, he wasn't in school.

"Okay what are we doing in the auditorium? We are leaving school property right?" Travis asks confused.

Maya answers, "Yes, dummy. We are leaving school to go into town, but we need a way to get out undetected by teachers. We're crawling through the window," Carina slides the window open.

Vic jokes back, "Yeah, Travis. Get with the program," but in reality she was just as confused.

One by one crawled out the window and into the parking lot. Carina asks, "Are we car pooling or will we pick a place to meet up?"

"I don't have a car or a license, so..." Travis answers.

Andy speaks skipping through the lot, "let's car pool. That'll be soooo fun," she exaggerates.

"Okay, but I call shot gun to sit next to my girlfriend,"

"You two are so cute it's gross," Vic says bouncing off of Maya's shoulders. "Which ones your car,"

"The Subaru Ascent," Carina responds clicking the button on the keys.

The teens make their way to the car and get situated. Vic enthusiastically says, "I have a fun idea!"

"I'm all ears," Maya looks back at the curly-haired girl.

"Let's go to LA. A little day trip. I have it all planned out. We text our parents saying we're gonna stay after school for a bit and we go to LA and be back by like 5. It's 8:30 in the morning,"