"Your Words Could Never Hurt Me"

The newly founded crew of mismatches made their way through a skeleton of what was left of the carnival, only a few stalls remained open whilst all the rides where already stripped down.

They stood in front of where Miss Calypso's shack once resided but to their disappoint all that was left was a field of emptiness.

"Dammit, I could have sworn this was the right place." Lori huffed.

"No you're right it is. I remember checking out that sword swallower over there." Mica points in the direction of quite a handsome young man.

"Let's ask around just to be sure, maybe these carnie's know something. You two go that way and Reign and I will ask around here. Meet back at the car in 10 minutes."

Riftyn interjects, a smile forming on his rugged face as he looks at Reign and winks at her.

The girls nod at Riftyn while cheekily smiling at their best friend before setting of.

"You're awfully quite Hermosa. Afraid of thinking something I shouldn't hear?"

"Well apparently I'm more transparent than this top I'm wearing."

"Don't worry your top is plenty see through. I'm happy with the view."

"Do you always speak your thoughts so freely?"

"Why wouldn't I want to bless those around me with my sharp wit and tongue?"

"I wonder what that tongue could do." Reign thinks to herself only for it to be blurted out of her mouth.

"I'll be happy to demonstrate."

Reign rolls her eyes and tries to hide her fluster of embarrassment from Riftyn. After asking around and getting turned away on numerous occasions, the two seemed to catch a lucky break.

A strange looking man came up to Riftyn and handed him a note before disappearing as quickly as he appeared.

"What the hell dude?" Rift looks at the piece of paper in his hand with confusion.

"Let me see." Reign takes the paper and starts to read it.

" Reign takes the paper and starts to read it

"It's from Miss Calypso no doubt. Come on, let's get back to the girls so we can solve this god damn riddle.

Riftyn follows a determined Reign back to the car. After a few minutes Lori and Mica join them with deflated spirits, explaining how they came up empty handed and that's when Reign shows the girls the note.

"Is this some kind of game to her? Why does she have to be so elusive?" Micaela protests.

Time passed as the group tried to solve Miss Calypso's riddle to no avail. In the corner of his eye Riftyn managed to see the stranger who handed him the note and started to follow him, hoping he may have some answers.