" No Matter What It Takes"

The following morning 

Have you ever noticed how in fairy tales everything just seems to work out perfectly, birds singing, people randomly dancing and prince charming riding in to save the day?

Well although our miscreants adventure was far from a fairy tale, it did have a certain amount of magic to it.

Good morning.” Reign cheerfully exclaims as she exits her tent.

“I was just about to come and awake you. Here, I poured you a hot cup of coffee.” Riftyn extended the beverage towards Reign who couldn’t help but turn scarlet as his hands slightly brushed against her own

Lorelei and Micaela look to each other in confusion, wondering what might have transpired during last night’s storm as they watched their two friends. Riftyn sat protectively next to Reign, the two hardly breaking eye contact as they engrossed in conversation.

Shy smiles and nervous laughter were exchanged, just like the beginning of any blooming relationship.

“Okay what did we miss? You two seem in an awfully good mood.” Mica inquires.

“Yeah did Riftyn pay a midnight visit to your tent last night or…?” Lori jokes

“I kissed her for the first time last night and it sure as hell isn’t going to be the last.” Riftyn winked at the girls before proceeding to pack the camper.

Excitement beamed across Lorelei and Micaela’s face as they pulled a shocked Reign away for a much needed gossip session.

“So how was it?”

“Is he a good kisser?”

“Do you want to kiss him again?”

“What does this mean now?”

The girls bombarded Reign with so many questions that she could hardly keep track of them all.

It was the kind of kiss you dream about. I melted in his arms and that’s the safest I’ve ever felt.”

“Oh my god.” Both Lori and Mica squeal with joy 

“You heard what he said, that wasn’t going to be your’lls last kiss. Pucker up Gallagher, he totally likes you. Mica playfully pokes her best friend.

What if this is a part of the curse and once it’s all over he’ll realise I’m not the girl from fairy tales?”

“You’re right, that’s not the kind of girl you are.” Riftyn interrupts the trio, causing Lorelei and Micaela to excuse themselves from the situation.

“I think you’re made of some magic, some chaos and a little bit of poetry and that’s a beautiful combination. That’s why I like you.”

I’m starting to believe you.” The thought escapes Reigns mind.

“Good because I believe in you. You’re going to overcome this and I’ll be right by your side when you do.” Riftyn steps forward and places a gentle kiss on Reigns forehead before resting his own against it.

A few hours later 

“Seriously how is that guy still employed at the garage? The owner said this isn’t even the first time he put the wrong fuel in a vehicle.” Mica rolls her eyes.

“Luckily for us Rift over here knows his way around an engine otherwise this would’ve been a major setback for our trip.”

“Someone please hand me the 8 inch wrench.” Riftyn calls out with his hand out stretched waiting for the tool.