Chapter 6

It was about another month Harry was kept in St Mungo's. Thankfully there were no more mishaps with the potion. The only problem was that his magic was taking much longer to recover than his body, evidently he was used to having to heal his own injuries and hide his insecurities, forcing his magic to work overtime to make him recover more quickly than a normal person.

"We're happy about his progress, so you can take him home now. You need to make sure that he has nutrient potions in order to keep him healthy. If he's not awake in another month bring him back. If anything seems wrong, bring him back." The healer who had been looking after Harry he had woken up early told Sirius and Remus.

"Thank you for helping him." Remus said, as Sirius picked up the sleeping boy, who even while asleep, moved closer to Sirius, a delicate smile on his lips.

"Moony, let's get home." Sirius said, Remus grabbing his shoulder for the small group of three to apparate to their little house.

When they got there Hedwig was sitting proudly on the back of the sofa with a letter grasped tightly in her beak. Sirius was pretty sure she didn't like him, not that he could tell why, but she was an extremely well behaved owl. She was rather protective of Harry, it seemed. Every time they mentioned him one would notice her beady eyes on them. It seemed Harry cared deeply for her too, having risked his safety for her.

"I'll put Harry in his room, you see what the letter is about. If it's another letter from the Daily Prophet then remind them that we can and will destroy them if they write anything about this story without written permission from Harry while we're there, or McGonagall is." Sirius was still fuming over the way they acted as though they were entitled to know what was going on in Harry's life, as though he wasn't a 13 year old whose life had already fallen apart multiple times.

"You don't need to remind me, Pads." Remus said softly, pressing a kiss on his fiancé's cheek as he fetched the letter. They were waiting for Harry to be well again before they got married, they hoped he could be involved, they were already down a best man, they hoped they would still be able to have their flower boy.

Remus sighed as he saw that the letter was addressed to Harry, they had started doing this recently. Hedwig would bite them if they tried to open a letter they weren't supposed to read, there was a small pile of them on the desk in Harry's room.

Harry,
Dad got tickets to the Quidditch world cup!! We'll be coming to pick you up on Sunday at noon. Let us know if the muggles said no or yes. See you then!
Ron.

Ron's letter was messy, and it was obvious it was written in a hurry with excitement. He was glad that there were people from the Ministry they trusted who were keeping an eye on the letters that reached the Dursleys in order to redirect everything for Harry back to them.

Ron,
This isn't Harry, he's not available right now. I don't know if he'll be able to meet with you tomorrow, we can't tell. DO NOT go to the Dursleys' as Harry no longer lives there. The World Cup should be in about a week, so he should be able to attend then, we hope. He'll write to you when he's able to. Take care.
Remus Lupin.

Remus hurried to respond to Ron, it would be really bad if the Dursleys remembered their past with Harry, knowing how they treated and how Lily described Petunia, it would only cause more pain and suffering for Harry and the rest of the magical world.

Hedwig swept off with the letter, clipping Remus on the back of his head as she flew off. Why she didn't like either of the wizards they weren't really sure. It was possible it was because she wasn't allowed to see Harry while he was in St Mungo's, but they would have let her if they could.