Chapter 2

Jade, Henry, James and Lily were getting their school supplies and being careful. Jade brought the invisibility cloak with her everywhere she went.

They were visiting Fred and George right now. Looking at the things they have.

They saw interesting things and different kinds of potions.

"Thanks again for the money and the idea Jade." Fred said.

"No problem guys." she said.

"Jade, Henry, let's get some lunch and then go back home." Lily said.

On their way to leaky cauldron Jade saw Draco so he and Henry looked at each other and put the cloak on. Then followed him.

When they got to where he was they saw the window close with a curtain.

"He has to be one of them. His dad is one so he has to be one. I bet his brother is next. When I get on the train I'm gonna tell Ron and Hermione." Henry said.

Jade already knew he was getting the Dark Mark and Henry was getting it next year but kept it quiet as promised.

Then they headed back to their parents without them even knowing they were gone.

A few days later they were on the train and Jade was talking to Daphne, Draco, Blaise, Theo, Pansy, Aden and Astoria.

"You got the Dark Mark the other day didn't you?" Jade asked.

"Yes, Aden didn't though. The Dark Lord wants to wait until next year to." he said.

"Anyone else get it?" Jade asked.

Everyone but Aden, Astoria and Daphne said yes.

"None of us wanted to join him like our parents." Blaise said.

"I know. I don't know why they made us. We're seventeen!" Theo said.

"I don't know." Pansy said.

"If it helps, I consider my scar from Wormtail three years ago as my own Dark Mark." Jade said.

Before they knew it they were sitting at the Slytherin table having dinner.

"Good evening children! Dumbledore said. "Very best of evenings to you all."

"Thanks." Jade said quietly causing her friends to snicker.

"First off, let me introduce the newest member of our staff. Horace Slughorn. Professor Slughorn, I'm happy to say he has agreed to resume his old post... as Potions Master. Meanwhile, the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts... will be taken by Professor Snape."

"As you know, each and every one of you were searched upon your arrival here tonight. And you have the right to know why, Once, there was a young man. Like you, sat in this very hall. Walked this castle's corridors. Slept under it's roof. You see, to all the world, a student like any other. His name: Tom Riddle. Today of course, is known all over the world by another name. Which is why as I stand, looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute, perhaps... dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. But in the end, that greatest weapon... is you. Just something to think about."

He looked at everyone and then smiled.

"Now off to bed, beep beep."

"That was cheerful." they heard Ron say.

Then they all headed to bed.