Chapter 5

A few days later Jade and Pansy were at Slughorn's club room. His group name was Slug Club.

While they talked Cormac was telling them about his uncle and having his ice cream.

"He was going hunting with his uncle and the ministry over the holidays. Oh well, be sure to give them both my best." he said.

"And what about you Mr. Belby? For anyone who doesn't know, Marcus' uncle is who created wolfsbane. Is he working on anything else?" Slughorn asked.

"I don't know, he and my dad don't really get along. Probably because my dad says potions are rubbish. His only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day." he said.

"And what about you Ms. Granger? What exactly does your family do in the Muggle world?" Slughorn asked looking at him.

"My parents are dentists." Hermione said.

A lot of people looked at her confused.

"They attend people's teeth." she said.

"Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous job?"

"No, although, one day Robby Fenwich, bit my father. Ha, he needed ten stitches." she said chuckling.

Then the door was opened and they saw Ginny.

"Ah, Ms. Weasley. Come in, come in." Slughorn said.

Henry stood up. Then sat back down.

"Look at her eyes. She's been fighting again. Her and Dean." Jade heard Hermione say to Henry.

He nodded.

"Sorry, I'm not usually late." Ginny said and shut the door.

"Not at all, not at all. You're just in time for dessert. That is if Belby didn't eat it all." he said.

"What about you two? What have you four been doing? With this war and all." he asked and looked at Jade and Henry.

Everyone looked at them waiting.

"Well, we're back in hiding. But I'm only there during the weekend. I stay with Sirius and Remus on week and when I need a break." Jade said.

"Mum and dad haven't been at work to make it safe for us. Luckily we're a rich family and have enough money to get things. And Tweeky is a very nice house elf. She let's us cook with her. We get really bored." Henry said.

Jade elbowed him telling him silently to shut up.

"Yes, the Potter family is a very old and rich family. I do hope you all be careful. This war is going to be worse than the first one." he said shaking his head.

"Thank you Professor. We can do it though." Jade said.

After the dessert everyone started to leave.

"Good bye, bye bye."

Then he shut the door and he saw Jade still there.

"Potter!" he said jumping.

"Sorry sir, er were just admiring your hourglass." she said.

"Ah yes, most intriguing object. The sand runs in accordance with the quality of the conversation. It is stimulating, the sand runs slowly. If it is not..."

"I think I'll be going, then." she said.

"Nonsense! You have nothing to fear." Slughorn said.

"Actually some of your classmates, well let's just say that they're not likely to make the shelf."

"Shelf sir?"

"Anyone who aspires to be anyone hopes to end up here.

But then again, you already are someone, aren't you, Jade?"

"Did Voldemort join the shelf sir? You knew him, didn't you sir? Tom Riddle? You were his teacher." she said.

"Mr. Riddle had a number of teachers who were here at Hogwarts." he said.

"What was he like?"

Slughorn looked at her.

"I'm sorry sir, he tried to kill us and our parents."

"Of course, it's only natural you should want to know more. But I'm afraid I must disappoint you, you. When I first met young Mr. Riddle, he was a quiet, albeit brilliant boy, committed to becoming a first-grade wizard. Not unlike others I've known. Not unlike yourself, in fact. If the monster existed, it was very deep within." he said.

A few minutes later she said goodbye to Slughorn and headed back to the common room.