draco

"y/n

"y/n." harry muttered, his eyes flicking up to glance over your shoulder to see the person that stood a ways behind you.

you turned around, only to freeze when you saw draco standing in the middle of the great hall, his eyes set solely on you. he spared a short glance at the boy beside you, before turning around hastily and rushing from the hall.

"he wasn't meant to see this..." you sighed, excusing yourself and practically sprinting after him. "draco!"

you saw him turn a corner, and increased your speed. you caught him right after, grabbing him by the shoulder and spinning him round to face you. "draco, what-"

"i thought you and potter weren't on speaking terms."

"we weren't, but -"

"why were you talking, then? and why did you panic when you saw me?"

"because we were talking about you ! i was trying to see if he had noticed the change in you too, so that you'd finally admit that you're acting strange."

he stayed silent for a moment, glancing to the stone floor and licking his lips. he breathed shakily, "i don't know what you want me to say."

"i want you to tell me what's up with you, draco." you spoke gently, stepping forward to wrap your arms around his neck, pleading with him.

"i can't - i will," he spoke quickly, seeing your expression shift, "eventually, i will. but - i don't feel comfortable just yet." he wrapped his own arms around your waist when you lifted yourself onto your toes to push your face into his neck, embracing him.

"that's okay. you can tell me when you're ready, my love."