george

"are you sure this is the colour you want? we can do it darker if you want - like a brown, or a black

"are you sure this is the colour you want? we can do it darker if you want - like a brown, or a black."

your boyfriend, now blonde, took a breath, before nodding silently. he glanced once more into the mirror, but quickly looked away and turned around in his seat, meeting your eyes. you frowned when you saw the tears gather in his eyes again, and you cooed before bending down , encasing him within your arms agains. "it's okay angel, i'm here." you shushed him, almost feeling the urge to cry yourself when you felt him shaking, quiet sobs emitting from him.

it took another five minutes before he had calmed down again, pulling away only slightly, not wanting to leave your embrace.

"it just hurts." his voice was hoarse, evident that he had spent most of the day crying again. "every time i look at myself, i-i just see him."

you moved to walk around him, sitting yourself in his lap and letting your hand move to the back of his neck, playing with the soft strands of newly bleached hair. "i know, and that'll take time, my love." you tucked a strand of hair behind his ear with your other hand, pressing a short kiss to his forehead. "and i'll be here with you, every step of the way. fred would want you to be happy. you know how happy it made him when you were happy."

he looked into your eyes, tears still remaining in his, though no longer falling. "thank you."