Snowy Nights And Christmas Cheer

December 2, 1964

Poor Ringo had his tonsils removed today so George and I decided to bring him a little present to cope with his hospital stay.

Ringo had many bouts of staying in the hospital as a child so I want to make sure he's plenty entertained.

After readying myself I wrap my arms around Paul's neck and plant a kiss on those plump lips.

"Sure you don't want to come along?" I ask for the millionth time.

"Sorry, love. John and I are right in the middle of writing a great song and we plan on meeting at the studio in a little while.

I pout, using my best puppy eyes.

Paul laughs at me and steps from my embrace. "I'm sorry, _______. Give Ringo my best, eh?"

I grab my purse and keys, pausing at the door. "I will, would you like anything special for dinner?"

He shakes his head, "I'll just order in at the studio, not sure when I'll be home."

I feel disappointment creep up and just smile.

I'll invite Geo over, he'll always eat.

"I'll see you tonight, I love you!" I call as I step through the doorway.

"See you later on, love you!" Paul shouts as I close the door and head to my vehicle.

********************

George and I stop off at the reception desk when we arrive at the hospital.

George heaves the heavy box onto the counter and the woman attending gasps.

"Oh, George! Hello! Here to see Ringo?" She asks, leaning forward.

George nods and goes to grab the box again, but the woman speaks before he has a chance.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry, George. Only certain people are allowed to see him."

"Well, I'd think that she's on the list-"

People in the lobby are beginning to recognize George and he leans in closer to speak quieter, "her name is _________ ________."

The woman flips some Papers on a clipboard and scans the short list of names, "ah, yes, apologies I see her name here with Paul's. Do go on then, room 207."

George picks the box up with a quiet thank you and we navigate the confusing layout to eventually come to a stop outside of Ringo's room.

Ringo is extremely tired still as his tonsils were removed mere hours ago, but he still greets us happily.

"Hey you two! You're the first to visit!"

"Are you feeling okay?" I ask, taking a seat next to him as George begins to unload the box he brought.

Ringo's voice is quiet and raspy, as to be expected. "I'm feeling alright, quite knackered."