Goodbye, You Charmer

March 19, 1965

While the boys are filming I decide to go with Mal into town to pick out a nice dress for this evening.

They decided to throw a party for the cast members tonight after their filming is done for the day. Our days here in the beautiful, snowy alps will finish completely tomorrow.

I find a nice party dress after perusing the shop for a while.

After making my purchase Mal and I head back to the hotel to get ready for tonight.

******************

Paul's POV

I watch as they talk to each other.

Flirt.

Dance.

The way he holds her looks so much different than when I did.

All the photographs in the tabloids of us together, I was simply posing.

You can sense his passion across the room.

The way he looks at her like she's the world.

I know that isn't how I looked at her.

She was just a piece of jewelry to me, shiny and beautiful, easily thrown into the drawer when another shiny trinket walked by.

I never really stopped to appreciate who she was.

Only how she looked.

As awful as it may sound, I'm not terribly affected by our breakup.

It was wrong of me to lead her on the way I was. I wasn't committed like she was.

She looks genuinely happy now.

And so does George.

***********************

George's POV

_______'s head rests against my chest as we lazily turn in a circle on the dance floor, a slow tune in the background.

Even with the many bodies surrounding us I feel like it's just her and I here in this moment.

I could freeze time right here and just dance with her forever.

I close my eyes and just focus on the feeling of her in my arms.

Nothing else in this world matters.

Only she matters.

I open my eyes when her head lifts from my chest.

She's looking at me with a soft smile, her arms tightening around me.

I press a gentle kiss to her forehead, tracing the curvature of her back with one hand while the other caresses her soft cheek.