The Words

March 23, 1965

Clutching my box close I exit Paul's house and close the door softly behind me.

I lean against the door for a moment to observe George lazily propped against his car, head tilted back, eyes closed.

The warm sunlight caresses his handsome features and I smile to myself.

That's all mine.

George notices my presence and waves me over, "c'mon, love, the movers are already off to unload all of your things. I thought we'd swing by this new little cafe."

He holds me close and I ask, "aren't you afraid you'll be recognized?"

"It's a risk I'm willing to take, and they have private garden seating in the back."

Satisfied with his answer I kiss him softly, "then let's go! I could use a cuppa!"

*************************

I order drinks for George and I as he makes his way through the small space to get to the outside seating area.

The café doesn't have any other patrons at the moment but I wanted him to go just to be safe.

Our drinks are made quickly and I thank the barista before following where George went.

I gasp when I step outside. It really is a private garden.

If I hadn't just walked out of the café I'd think I teleported.

Foliage and fairy lights fill the space, making it look absolutely magical.

George pats the seat next to him and I sit next to him, cuddling in close after setting our drinks onto the table.

He rests his head on top of mine and sighs, "this is nice...a calm moment for just us...nobody to interrupt, nobody barging in, no deadlines..."

I hum in agreement, closing my eyes and just enjoying the warmth of him wrapping around me.

We remain silent, just enjoying each other's presence for a while before he speaks again, "....filming will continue tomorrow, just at Twickenham, luckily our travels are done. That is until we go on a nice, loooooooong vacation. Just us two..."

I smile, "a getaway sounds lovely. Funny to say right after being in the Bahamas and Austria."

"That's different though, we were only together in the evenings and filming was so tiresome. Never enough time to go see the sights. I want to go on holiday and just be with you the entire day."

He kisses the top of my head and reaches for his drink.

"It's a date then, can't wait to see where you take me, Mr Harrison."

He grins at my cheeky statement.

George and I enjoy our drinks for a while, just enjoying the peaceful moment together before making our way to Kinfauns.

My new home.

*********************

When we arrive the movers have already come and gone.

George takes my hand, his brilliant grin competing with the brightness of the sun as he eagerly pulls me to the front door.

"__________...." He throws the door open with his free hand and pulls me inside, grandly gesturing to the bungalow. "Welcome home, my love."

Something delicious immediately reaches my nose as I walk further in.

The room is slightly dark, but the unmistakable glow of candles soon reaches my vision as George pulls me deeper in.

A lovely home cooked dinner is sat upon the dining table, candlelight dancing intimately as a huge smile breaks out on my face.

He addresses my question without me even needing to ask.

"The stop at the café was partly to ensure that Joan, the housekeeper, had plenty of time to make this happen, partly to let the movers work without being in the way."

I just giggle, allowing George to pull out a seat for me.

Joan really went all out, salad, entree, even bread in a basket. Feels almost as if we're at a fancy restaurant.

Two cups of pudding garnished with fresh fruits sit chilling in ice along with a bottle of wine.

He pours the wine in the two glittering crystal glasses and seats himself opposite me.

"George....this is...amazing." I say, feeling a little lame for my lack of words at his wonderful gesture.

He raises his glass and I follow suit, "to new beginnings, to finally being able to confess how I feel, to finally having you to hold. To you, my darling..."

We clink our glasses together gently and each take a sip.

I raise my glass again and he mirrors me, "to a feeling I never knew existed until I met you....a feeling that fills my very soul with happiness beyond comprehension..." I look up, his dark eyes glittering in the light, smile stretching across his beautiful face making my heart flutter in my chest. "A feeling so new it feels like I can hardly breathe...Geo....I...love you."

That smile only grows bigger, a wonderful laugh erupting from his chest.

This is the sound of pure joy.

Of love.

He quickly rises from his seat and rushes to me. He pulls me from the chair and hugs me tightly. Spinning me in a circle before allowing my feet back onto solid ground.

"________, hearing you say that...makes me so immeasurably happy...words can't express how long I've loved you, how deeply I love you, I-"

I cut him off with a kiss, my hands sliding up to his chest, gripping his shirt to pull him as close as I can.

"Geo...I love you so, so much...I've never felt this before...I know now...this is love. You are love. Deep in my heart I know that you are the one for me. Sounds almost silly to say out loud, but-"

This time George cuts me off with a kiss, slowly burning through me with passion.

He reluctantly pulls away after several heated seconds, "Let's have our dinner, I'd like to introduce you to our bed..."

***********************

Sorry this chapter had a bit of a wait! Had a commission I needed to do and it took a lot out of me.

I'll share it if you'd like, but for now, until next chapter!
😘😘💜💜💜