The Breakup

July 7th, 1964

Turns out Paul's intentions weren't exactly to get me to rest before today's busy shoot.

I felt like I was absolutely dragging from the moment I awoke.

Luckily, Paul sent someone to fetch me much more work appropriate clothing so I could work in a comfy outfit instead of a dress.

Pattie was very chipper and patient with my endless fiddling of my camera and multiple pose changes.

It took from 9 am until around 3 to
finish up, and I was absolutely exhausted by the time we were through.

Pattie changed back into her original outfit and gathered her things as I packed up my own things.

As if on cue George walks into the room with a great big grin and greets Pattie with a kiss. "You girls ready for some coffee?"

"I'm dying for a cup, I'm so tired I could just sleep here in the studio until tomorrow." I say with a yawn.

Pattie smiles a bit tightly at George, "oh, I hadn't realized it was going to be a trio."

"Oh right, invited ______ last night after you left for home. Didn't have the opportunity to tell you." George says sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

Trying to ease the awkwardness I sling my bag over my shoulder and speak, "we can go to the café close by, won't take long to get there. I won't stay long anyway, I really need to get some sleep."

We walk to the café, order our things and have a seat outside to enjoy the rare daylight.

George and I speak about the party last night, along with various other topics. Pattie stayed relatively silent the entire time before I excused myself to go home for a cat nap.

*******************

August 11th, 1964

Today the boys are in the studio working on their new album.

Paul was giddy with excitement to get to the studio and promised to try and be back at a decent hour.

I had nothing to do today so I decided to do what I love, bake.

I flip through my recipe cards aimlessly until I find one for a nice apple tart.

Checking the pantry and refrigerator to ensure I had the ingredients, I get to work.

After making a massive mess, needing a change of clothes, and allowing my creation to cool down, I decide the boys needed a nice treat and head down to the studio.

Everyone is happy to see me and take a bit of a tea break.

John and Paul take their slices to eat in the studio as they discuss their current recording, Baby's In Black.

George and I remain in the cafeteria and have easy conversation as we enjoy the tart.

"Cuppa?" I ask him and he nods gratefully, mouth full.