You're mine: FBI calls (Jake x MC)

If Annie could sleep, she would wake up from nightmares - the result of a struggle for memories and an endless series of dark thoughts that because of her, her wrong decisions and thoughts, someone was hurt again. Jennifer years ago, Hannah, Jessy, and now Jake.

But Annie didn't sleep, didn't eat much - that was nothing new, though - and couldn't do anything with the cloud - the miles of green lines mixed into one big blur before her eyes.

Annie recalled their conversations. 'Since we first met, I've had hope again' Jake wrote. But she had failed him. He only came out to talk to her. He was caught because of her.

She sat with her pencil clenched white in her fingers, trying to express her feelings on paper, as she always did, but nothing came of it. A few lines that didn't even come together in a single composition, and then a tear rolled down cheek, causing the slate marks to spread out on the sheet in a black blot.

The phone rang again. Annie shuddered, glanced at the screen. She didn't want to talk to the Duskwood guys right now; she'd been missing all their calls for a few days, unable to listen to Jessy's cheery chatter or Cleo's stories. But the screen only displayed "number hidden". Annie thought that this could be a possible a man without a face and decided that this was a great opportunity to express everything that she thought about him. She turned on the speakerphone, but heard a very unusual voice of a gasping man. Oh, no, it was a clear, even, deep voice, the very sound of which automatically made her straighten her back.

"Is this miss Fraser?"

"She is," Annie said cautiously. "And you?.."

"Agent Philips, FBI," the pencil dropped to the floor, but she didn't even notice it. "We have to discuss the details of your involvement in an unpleasant case. Would you be comfortable if someone picked you up today?"

"But... Is that how it works? Aren't you just supposed to summon me for questioning or something?"

"This isn't exactly an official conversation about our mutual acquaintance."

Annie jumped to her feet, now forgetting about the album.

"I... I'll be there when you need."

***

In total darkness, Annie took a small step forward and collided with someone. The man touched her hair briefly, and her vision returned. She blinked, looked closer - an unknown man in a business suit was holding the blindfold that had been put on her in the car. She looked up, swallowed, and did her best not to recoil at the sight of his burned face.

"Good day," she said.

"Good day," the man said, and Annie recognized his voice. The same Agent Philips who called her. "You'll have to talk to my employee about the Duskwood case now, and I'll join you later."

***

"Norman, let's start."

Annie even squeezed her eyes shut, finding herself in an all-white narrow room, where the only dark spot is a man sitting at a table. When the door closed, he turned around. They recognized each other. He's the man who arrested Jake. Annie clenched her fists.

When the door closed, Norman gave her a look of contempt, but Annie couldn't understand why. She didn't care, though.

"So our baby got a hard on the youngsters?"

Blood rushed to her cheeks. "Just shut your mouth and shove the comments up your ass," she wanted to say, but her upbringing and understanding of the impropriety of such a comment made her clench her fists even harder and say a simple: