°Chapter four°

Tw//bullying, slight homophobia

What if Mark feels the excess skin on his arms? What if he feels how round and squishy his stomach is with the older's arms now wrapped around his waist for support?

Donghyuck's thoughts were clouding his brain with too many insecurities to worry about right now.

Swiftly, Donghyuck slid to the other side, Mark's arms falling from the younger's waist as he looked at the smaller, only shorter by a centimeter or two, in confusion.

"I-I can get there the rest. Go back to class, your teacher might scold you," Donghyuck stared at the ground, his hands clasped in front of him, trying to cover his stomach.

"Hyuck, that can wait. You're more important right now so let's go," Mark said as he reached out for Donghyuck again, only for the younger to throw his hands back.

"Really, I'm okay. Please go back," Donghyuck pleaded and slowly placed his arms beside him.

Mark gazed at the younger with so much perplexity, but decided to shrug it off since the younger was not feeling well.

He doesn't mean to do these things, does he?

"Alright, if you need anything, come get me in the gym," Mark gave in and the younger nodded, continuing his way to the nurse's office.

Mark watched as Donghyuck's back moved further and further away from him. He stealthily followed the younger to make sure he actually went to the nurse and he did so.

Mark nodded to himself before turning around and going back to his class.

"That was odd," Mark thought.

Knocking on the office door, Donghyuck walked inside. The nurse was sitting at her desk typing something on her laptop. It seems like there are a lot of nurses in the building when in reality there are only two.

The other nurses who are hosting health screenings have volunteered to come from the hospital a few blocks down.

"Do you have a pass?" The nursed asked once she looked up.

"N-no, a classmate brought me here because I threw up," Donghyuck told and the nurse typed into her laptop once again.

"What's your name?"

"Lee Donghyuck," the boy answered.

The nurse finished typing in her laptop and stood up to check the teen's temperature with the thermometer.

She carefully placed it in his ear, waiting for the little alarm to go off, revealing his temperature.

"Your temperature is normal. You can lay down for a few minutes before going back to class," the nurse advised him after taking out the thermometer to disinfect it.

"Okay," Donghyuck answered quietly and made his way to the back where the stalls with the beds were and occupied one of them, shutting the curtain so that no one can peak inside.

Although if someone really wanted to, they could just peak through the crack between the wall and curtain to see. But that's just creepy.

Donghyuck lied down, his back pressed against the paper on the bed. He shut his eyes to rest, but that wasn't happening as his thoughts were invading his brain yet again.

He's worthless.

He's fat.

He's useless.

Nobody loves him.