°Chapter five°

Tw//self harm, eating disorder developments

Donghyuck's heart jumped in surprise once the bus came to a stop, realizing he had fallen asleep while trying to distract himself from being hungry.

It was Jisung and Donghyuck's bus stop and Jisung stood up first, grabbing his bag before stepping off the bus, Donghyuck following in suit behind him.

As soon as he was completely off, with a few other students as well, the bus left to it's other appointing stops.

Donghyuck pulled out his earbuds and shoved them into the smaller pocket of his bag, zipping it shut. He doesn't like walking home while listening to music and if he were to, he'd have one ear uncovered as he's afraid someone would could snatch and kidnap him.

He has to be aware at all costs. Who knows what people nowadays will do to you.

It's too dangerous to test the waters and find out.

And although some days Donghyuck wouldn't actually mind, he still has a brain to tell him no to do so otherwise.

Jisung walked besides his older brother, his headphones circled around his neck with one hand holding the strap of his bag.

They walked for about ten minutes until they reached their house. It's pretty large, but it doesn't look overly expensive at all.

The house was a two story modern bi-level with bricks and marble framing the front door and the windows of the beige colored building, stone steps leading up to the door.

The lawn is freshly cut and green as their hired landscaper takes care of the outside if their home nicely and neatly. The flowers in their mini garden were in the process of blossoming before the winter occurs and kills the plants for several months.

Donghyuck grabbed the house keys from his pocket and unlocked the front door with Jisung waiting patiently behind, turning the key into the doorknob.

Their parents were home as the two of them noticed both cars in the smoothly paved driveway. They walked through the door, taking off their shoes and placing them on the mats.

"Hi, Jisung! Welcome home," Ten, their papa, went up to give Jisung a hug while Johnny, their dad, came to greet him as well.

"Hi, papa! Hi, dad! Guess what? I got a B on my science test today!" Jisung stated excitedly and both parents congratulated him, showering the young teen in hugs and kisses.

"We're so proud of you!" Both parents said in unison.

There Donghyuck stood, right beside it all, just watching the loving yet disgusting scene unfold.

Jealousy.

How else could one describe the feeling?

No matter what Donghyuck does, no matter what he brings home, no matter what he achieves, no matter how hard he works, it will never be enough as he'll just get pushed away and be expected to do better.

It's overwhelming, honestly.

"I bring home good grades everyday and do I ever get an 'I'm proud of you?' No. Not once has it happened," Donghyuck scowled in his brain.

He always brings home his grades that are the highest of his class. If he's being completely honest, he doesn't even know how he receives such excelling grades.

Nevertheless, he would still want some form of appreciation from his parents.

After congratulating Donghyuck's younger brother, Johnny turned to face Donghyuck, his eyes squinting at his son as if he is trying to make out what's on his face or read the boy's expression.