°Chapter twenty nine°

The tanned male cuddled into Mark's chest, his arms wrapped around the older's torso. Mark silently ran his fingers through the younger's tangled hair, brushing the knots out with his fingers as Donghyuck sighed in content.

"Markie?" Donghyuck called out, moving his face so that his chin was now resting on Mark's chest as he stared up at the older.

"Yes, sunshine?" Mark questioned with a warm smile, lowering his head to peck the younger's forehead.

"I'm hungry. Do you think we can go out?" Donghyuck shyly asked, averting his gaze to the older boy's neck.

Donghyuck wanted to get out of the house for as long as possible since he was nervous about speaking with his parents later on. Anything to keep his mind occupied. Mark was a bit shocked at the request, but didn't let it show.

"Of course we can," Mark agreed and Donghyuck smiled widely, burying his face into the older's chest again.

And so that's what they did. Donghyuck had gotten ready, putting on his pants as he left Mark's sweatshirt on. He made sure he grabbed his phone as well as Mark who grabbed his phone and keys with his wallet.

Donghyuck skipped towards the door, ignoring the pain he felt in his body. He turned back at Mark who was walking behind him and opened the door. The two went down the stairs, Donghyuck's parents sitting on the couch in the living room.

When Johnny and Ten noticed their son downstairs, they quickly stood up, giving Donghyuck a small smile as they greeted him good morning. Donghyuck scooted himself closer to Mark as he returned their greeting.

"Mark and I are going to go out," Donghyuck informed his parents, the presence of Mark calming him down from breaking down.

"Just be back before the evening," Ten told him. "I would like to talk with you tonight."

Donghyuck looked at his papa and then at his father who nodded his head with a smile still plastered on his face. The younger felt Mark's eyes on him in concern, but Donghyuck only gave a small smile as he reluctantly nodded his head.

"I'll make sure to bring him home on time," Mark answered and the two parents nodded their heads, bidding them a goodbye.

They slid their coats on and stuck their feet into their shoes as they made their way out of the house and into Mark's car, the older opening the passenger door for him which never failed to cause Donghyuck to blush at the thoughtful action.

Mark started the car and drove off to a nearby cafe. It was warm and cozy inside. The building wasn't too big and it wasn't too small either. They ordered their food and drinks before sitting down at one of the tables near the window.

Instead of sitting from across each other, Donghyuck sat directly next to Mark with his head pressed against the older's shoulder. Mark was curious about the tension between the younger and his parents, but kept his mouth closed about it since he didn't want to make the boy uncomfortable.

He'll wait until Donghyuck opens up about himself. For now, he asked about the younger's wounds to which the boy responded, saying they were healing okay and that they were a bit sore. Mark bent down and pressed his lips lightly against Donghyuck's cut on the side of his mouth, causing the younger to blush.

"Did I make it better?" Mark whispered in the younger's ear, Donghyuck shivering from the older's hot breath hitting his earlobe.

Donghyuck sat up from Mark's shoulder and looked away, his face beating dark red while he nodded his head yes in embarrassment which made the older chuckle and coo at the younger.