New Sensations

Our Dearest Aria,

Your father and I have been worried lately, as we haven't heard from you in about a month, right before you went on your work trip to Hogwarts. We heard that was a great success for you and we are so proud of all you are doing over in the UK. Please let us know how you are doing sweetie. We miss you so much and we want to know that you are doing all right. Will you be coming home for the Thanksgiving holiday?

Please write us back as soon as you get this.

All of our love,

Mom and Dad.

Aria held the letter tightly in her hand as she read it for the fifth or sixth time. It was the next morning and she had finally gone through all of her mail from work. She felt bad that there had been some projects that had been waiting on her attention and she felt even guiltier now that she was no longer working at the Ministry. Lucius had the good idea to reach out to each person individually to see if they would want to come work with her personally rather than go through the Ministry for their archival and historical ambassadorship needs. If they wanted to work with her personally, that would be a great start to her business.

However, the most guilt she felt was for having neglected writing her parents for so long. It had been about a month and that was the longest she had ever gone in her entire life without being in contact with her parents. Her and her parents were very close, but ever since being involved with Lucius, she realized she truly didn't comprehend what closeness could actually mean; especially being what they were; true soul mates.

"Write them. Tell them you will be home for the holiday...tell them we will be," Lucius said softly as he came up behind her and kissed her on the head.

Aria jumped a bit, startled at his sudden appearance. "Oh Lucius really? You are sure you are ready? What will I say in the letter back? Do I tell them everything about us? Or do we wait until we are there with them?"

Lucius knelt down so that he was eyelevel to where she sat clutching her letter. "Tell them nothing...tell them everything...tell them something in between. Whatever you want. Just be sure to tell them we will be there for...what was it? Thanksgiving? Whatever that is," he smiled cutely up at her.

She looked at the handsome face that looked directly at her, and she marveled at his perfectness, inside and out. She brought her right hand up to cup his left check and brought her head in close so she could kiss him passionately. God, she loved this man.

"Well, I might tell them a bit, but I think I will save most of our story for when we see them in person," she decided. She then thought about his last comment and laughed. "Wait. Do you really not know about Thanksgiving?"

The handsome blond wizard shrugged his shoulders with a slightly uninterested expression. "My dear, I think American holidays go beyond my scope of expertise. And I am assuming it is a muggle holiday as well since I have never heard of it in any wizarding circles. You must remember my stance on such simple things..." he raised one of his eyebrows and teased her as he smirked haughtily.

She rolled her eyes but laughed at his pureblooded superiority act. "Out of all of the silly muggle holidays, I think you will actually enjoy this one. All it's really about is being thankful for the things you have in life...and eating so much food you get sick."

Lucius chuckled at the ridiculousness of it all but he did have to admit the meaning behind the holiday was something he actually had been celebrating himself the past few months; he was thankful, beyond anything for what he had because of Aria. True love was the thing he was most thankful for...the one thing he had needed his whole life but had never been able to obtain. Without warning he scooped up Aria into his arms and held her strongly as he kissed her hard. Aria gasped in happy surprise and let the letter from her parents fall out of her hands and to the floor; completely forgotten for now.