1. | madeline

c h a p t e r o n e

-

G R E E K G O D

Monday 28th April

Monday 28th April

I crawl out of bed at 7 in the morning. This was my usual routine: wake up at 7, get ready by 8:30, drive down to work and flood myself with piles of papers till 5. My life is rarely interesting and could only become extreme on a night out with my best friend Ken.

I walk into the bathroom, standing in front of the mirror and rubbing my eyes to get a clear view of myself. I'm wearing baby pink cotton pjs that I have a collection of almost every colour you could say. This is due to the fact that Kennedy is a fashion designer and some of the work she has created, I get for free most of the time. My hair is up in a messy bun, highlights of blonde showing through the tangled mess. I pull the hair tie out and let my locks fall down over my shoulders.

I rip the cotton off my skin, and walk over to the shower, turning it on and adjusting it to the right temperature. I do the same thing almost every time and use my shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Since I had shaved the other day, I decided against it this morning. I grab the towel after turning off the water, and wrap it around my hair, and grab another one to keep my torso cozy.

I walk out the bathroom and walk over to my closet to pick out an outfit for today.  Due to the cold weather in New York, it didn't take a long time to adjust to the temperatures as London was often cold, and only got warmer during spring and summer times. I pick out a white turtleneck sweater along with a matching picnic blanket style blazer and skirt. I disagree with putting on tights and choosing my cream ankle boots. I added some jewellery from my father and a small shoulder purse.

I walk out the closet and over to my vanity where I style my hair into some beach waves like usual

I walk out the closet and over to my vanity where I style my hair into some beach waves like usual. I put on some light makeup containing some mascara, highlighter, blush and pink tinted lip gloss.

I grab my phone off the nightstand and unplug it from the charger. I look around the room to see if anything is misplaced. I don't have OCD but I guess you could call me a tidy freak. My room contains shades of cream, white, grey and pink. Nothing in my room is black unless you count the bed frame. The accent pillows give out a cozy vibe and the made beds sheets the shade of a blush pink. The fairy lights attached to the bed frame bring out my personality as I'm a very bright person.