7. | madeline

c h a p t e r  s e v e n

-

S L A P P E D

Friday 2nd May

Friday 2nd May

Girlfriend? What?

I look behind the woman in front of me and spot Carson, who is already looking at me. I signalise towards his mom and he shakes his head, mouthing 'go along with it'.

I roll my eyes, but plastering a small smile on my face towards the woman in front of me who's looking at me with a big bright face.

"It's nice to meet you Miranda, I'm Madeline", I sigh "Carson's girlfriend."

That's when Kennedy bursts out into laughter, "You guys have never met though", still choking on laughter.

I warn her with my eyes and she shuts up, knowing we'll probably talk later, "Well come here then, darling", the woman brings me into a strong hug, the stench of her perfume filling my nostrils.

"Um, could I talk to you, babe?" We part and I narrow my eyes at Carson, who frantically nods, the wide-eyed expression still on his face.

He starts walking towards the exit as I follow behind him, the fresh cold air enclosing me as I shiver a little.

He turns and his mouth is already open to start talking, "Look, I'm sorry but I ha-", before he has time to finish speaking, I slap him round the face.

"How could you do that? She looks like such a sweet woman!" I shout as he still rubs his face, mouth parted in an 'o', "What if she found out that I wasn't your girlfriend, huh? She'd be even more disappointed!" The words fly out before I can even stop myself.

He clenches his jaw, turning the other way so I have the view of his side profile. My hand is on my mouth as I start to regret the words I said. I get why Carson is upset, the view of a billionaire is normally being a player, so for his mother to find out he has a girlfriend is ecstatic, but him lying about it would just make her even more disappointed in him.

"Look, I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to-", he cuts me off, shaking his head, dropping it as he stares down at the ground, "Save it."

He walks past me but before he walks back in, he speaks up, "We'll talk tomorrow." Short and clear, he walks back in, slamming the door behind him.

Shit.

I drop my head back, running a hand through my hair. I knew I should've watched what I should have said, but I took my anger out, and before I could stop myself from speaking, the words came out. I didn't mean to upset him. Anyone really.

But I sure don't feel bad for slapping him round in the face.

──────

"So, he just lied about you being his girlfriend?"

I nod. Currently, me and Kennedy are sitting in my apartment on the couch with a glass of red wine each. I told her about my encounters with Carson and how we met at first. Then I told her about this afternoon where he took me to, basically a little girl's dream. That place was beautiful and honestly, who thought a billionaire could be sweet.

"Well?" she asks, trancing me out of my thoughts. I tilt my head, furrowing my brows at her, "Are you gonna go along with it?"

I sigh, "Honestly, I don't know. I feel bad for Miranda but then again, Carson shouldn't be lying about his relationship status to his mother."

"I think you should go with it! You know, me and Nic have been trying to set you guys up", she whines. Yes, she told me that this was Nic's best friend that they've been trying to set me up with. Now that I think about it, I should have agreed.

Carson isn't so bad. He's smart, funny and honestly a really kind human being, well, when he wants to be. When it comes to his job, he's very, into it. Which is what I admire, a man committed to his job but also thinking about others, not any of that arrogance shit that all billionaire players have.

"Mads?" I trail out my thoughts and pay attention to Ken, "So?"

"Fine." I give in and she cheers excitedly, clasping her hands together, before jumping on me and pulling me into a hug, causing me to fall back.

Carson:

I sip on my whiskey, seated in the office arm chair, Nic opposite me.

"So, she just blurted that out?" I nod. I just told Nic as to what happened between me and Mads. After eating some dinner with my mother, I was still annoyed but I kept a fake smile the whole time, not making Mum suspect anything. I also told Kennedy that Maddie is outside in case she wants to follow, which she did.

I still can't believe Maddie said something like that. She's just such a sweet person, kind-hearted and I never doubted she's done something that her anger took out, but I was wrong. Sure, it was her anger but those words really hurt me.

I know Mom's disappointed in me for sleeping around but I just don't have time for long-term relationships. I wanted to try that with Maddie, which is kind of why I decided with the whole fake relationship thing with her, to get closer to her and somehow show her the person I truly am and get to know each other more.

"You know, you should go along with the whole fake relationship thing", Nic suggests and I agree.

"I want to, but I just don't know what Mads wants", I say.

"Well, you're gonna speak to her tomorrow so try to make her agree with it", he replies, "Unless she's just having none of it, then just leave it. Mads is very stubborn, but if it comes to a result then she'll agree, trust me", He explains. My theory was correct, Mads was Kennedy's best friend who Nic and her tried to set me up with. If I knew it was Mads, I would've agreed straight away.

"Right, I gotta go. Ken says she's going home and says she has a surprise", he wiggles his brows and I scrunch my face in disgust. I don't want to know what my best friend does with his girlfriend.

»»——— ♡ ———-««
a u t h o r s n o t e

-
she slapped him lmao
who knew a shy little woman could be so feisty
a little secret, Carson enjoyed her feisty side ;)
see you in the next chapter! <3

-she slapped him lmaowho knew a shy little woman could be so feisty a little secret, Carson enjoyed her feisty side ;)see you in the next chapter! <3