9. | carson

c h a p t e r   n i n e

-

P E R F E C T

Saturday 3rd May

Saturday 3rd May

"So she agreed to the dinner?"

I nod. Currently, I'm at the usual spot in my office. On the arm chair.

I don't have any work currently so I'm sat here sipping on some whiskey. I'm not a lightweight so me having one glass of whiskey doesn't really mess with me.

"How the fu-"

I cut him off, "She said that she feels bad for my mom if she found out that I was lying."

His mouth opens in realisation before closing it and nodding.

I take another sip from the glass, running a hand over the small stubble on my face.

"Be serious with me", he suddenly says sternly and I turn my head in worry. He is never serious...

"What do you want?"

I furrow my brows, "What do you mean?"

"Why Madeline?" He asks and I scoff. Is he serious right now?

"She's the girl I could bring home, and my parents wouldn't judge me of it, because she'd be the exact image of the girl they'd want me to date. The replica of the girl of my dreams. So you're asking me why? Dude, she's fucking perfect. Maybe even too perfect for my own good that I might... destroy her?" I explain, a little unsure of the last comment.

He swallows tightly, before nodding and turning back in his seat.

I check the time and realise it's half an hour till 6. I told Madeline I'd pick her up at 6 and she sent me her address right after.

"Right", I stand up, "Got a family dinner to attend to, see you Monday."

I button up my suit and make my way out of the office.

──────

I make it to her apartment complex that she sent me to. I look up at the building and see that she's actually quite fortunate.

Shit, there's even an aston martin parked out here.

I check the text she sent me and see what number she lives at before getting out the car and making my way inside the complex.