3. | madeline

c h a p t e r  t h r e e

-

S W E E T  D R E A M S

Thursday 1st May

"I met a billionaire the other day"

I say as Ken and I sit in the nail salon, getting our monthly manicures and pedicures.

"Oh yeah? Was he hot?" She asks as she flips through the celebrity tabloids that were placed at the table between our massage chairs.

"You could say that", I immediately start blushing at the thought of Carson's sexy face.

She turns to me and examines me as she spots the blush rising from my neck and her eyes widen, "You like him!"

She points her finger continuously towards me and I repeatedly shake my head. I did not like Mr.Steamy. Sure he was hot, but the looks isn't always a thing a girl always goes for. Sometimes. I'd need to get to know him first which would decide on whether I like him or not.

Looks. Yes. Personality-wise. Not sure yet. He had only shown a bit of sympathy and his cocky face had shown half of his actions towards other women, which I did not appreciate.

I wasn't one to judge. But how some men treat women is unbelievable. Fuck and dump. I don't know how you can live with yourself after that.

"I haven't gotten to know him yet, all I know is he's very cocky and arrogant", I rub my palms against the fabric of the jeans on my thighs.

"You and your 'get to know him first'", she rolls her eyes, "Just fuck him and get it over with. It's not like you want to have a relationship with him, right?" she tilts her head curiously.

I shrug. I honestly have no idea. Sure, by now I should have a relationship, at least my dad thinks so. But I'm not ready just yet. I'm too focused on my job and as I recently got an actual position in publishing, it is my job to make sure it stays that way.

"Well let me know if anything happens between you guys", she wiggles her brows as I giggle, returning back to 'Pride and Prejudice'.

──────

This article is too short.

I knew I should've gotten more information and asked a bit more questions than I had planned, but obviously I didn't have a second thought.

I rest my elbows on the surface of the desk as I rub my temples with my forefinger and middle one.

I looked over to the small card that I had placed against the small box on my desk and then eyed my phone carefully as they went back and forth between both items.

"My numbers are there. If you have any more questions, feel free to contact me and we can meet up",

The the mascualine voice lingers in my mind before I finally given and grab my phone, dialing the number. I wait as the signal connects and the phone call is answered, the voice I've been waiting for finally being able to heard through my ears,

"Carson Blake speaking"

"Uh hey, this is Maddie, Madleine Collins", I say and I already know a smirk is forming on his face, "Do you mind meeting up sometime, I may need to ask some more questions. The article is too short"

"I definitely wouldn't mind", he replies with confidence and the blush creeps up my neck, "I'll save your number and I'll text you when and where",

"Thank you. Have a good night",

"Have a restful night angel", I hear a small mutter before the call ends.

I drop the phone onto my lap and lean back into the chair, running my fingers through my hair once.

"Have a restful night angel"

The only thing lingering on my mind.

>>>> ——— ♥︎ ——— <<<<
a u t h o r s n o t e

-

This was more of a filler chapter than
and actual event but who else would swoon over Carson's
words? I know I would ;)
follow me on ig and tiktok!

This was more of a filler chapter thanand actual event but who else would swoon over Carson's words? I know I would ;)follow me on ig and tiktok!