Sacrifice - Part 1 (Chapter 14)

That awkward moment when i killed off Carol like 20 chapters ago because I didn't like her BUT NOW IN THE SHOW I REALLY FREAKING LIKE HER AND SHES ONE OF MY FAVS AND I REALLY SHIP HER AND DARYL ON THE SHOW AND I REGRET EVERYTHING SORRY CAROL FANS IM SO SORRY

Alright heres the chapter

------------------

Third Person POV | Present

"This is the only way."

Rick bit his lip as he attempted to convince Daryl and Herschel to go with his plan.

"I'm not letting him take her again." Daryl said, shaking his head. "There's no way. It's not happening."

Everyone stood there and pondered.

The talk Rick had with The Governor hadn't been "just nothing".

The Governor made him a deal.

"Hand over Katie and Michonne and we all live." Rick said. "I understand. We can't give Katie up. I'll promise you that. But Michonne-"

"He wouldn't leave us alone if we gave him both of 'em, let alone one." Daryl said. "There's no point."

Again, there was a long pause.

"You gonna tell the rest of 'em?" Herschel asked, breaking the silence.

Rick shook his head. "Not til after." He sighed. "We have to do it today. It has to be quiet."

Daryl bit the inside of his cheek. "You got a plan?"

Rick nodded. "We tell her we need to talk. Away from the others."

Daryl and Herschel made eye contact briefly, before Daryl looked down at his feet. "Just ain't us, man."

"No." Herschel agreed quickly, "No it isn't."

As he said that, there was an extra loud bang on the fence from behind him. His head whipped around, on edge, clearly. Then he just looked down solumnly.

Rick sighed. "We do this, we avoid a fight."

Daryl cracked his neck. "You can't be so sure."

Rick nodded. "We need someone else. No personal ties, strictly opinion."

Daryl blinked slowly. "I hear ye. I'll go tell Merle."

"No, I'll do it." Rick said, "It has to be just me.

Rick nodded, and Daryl quickly looked all around him, for any sign of her, to no avail. He gulped.

"Hey, hey." Rick said, looking at him. "She'll be back."

Daryl nodded, faithless.

"Don't worry. She was just shaken up. She was holding back anger and tears when I saw her. She needed some space." Rick confirmed, patting him on the shoulder and walking back towards the prison.

Herschel hobbled forward. "I won't sugar-coat it, son. I'm worried sick." He looked around. "But this is what she does. She runs away. Always has."

"What do you mean?"

"Back when my Jo died, and I went back to drinking, Katie was mad at me. She didn't show it around Maggie, but I knew." He looked down, ashamed. "Some nights when it was really bad, after I'd passed out and Maggie was in bed, she'd drive off. She'd take the car and go. Sometimes back by dawn, sometimes strolling in mid-afternoon, the next day. Herschel looked back up at Daryl. "I never knew where she went, until one day I followed her. You know where she was?"