One for the History Book (Chapter 16)

A/N:

Before I start this, I just want to ask everyone to donate as little as two hours of your life for this cause. The UNICEF Tap Project asks you to stay off your phone for 2 hours, even while you sleep, and you will provide 8 days of clean water to a child in need. After that 2 hours, every 15 minutes off your phone is one day of clean water for a child. It's free, and all you have to do is get off your phone, and you could save someone's life.

tap.unicefusa.org

Also I know the two little girls are named Lizzie and Mika in the show but in my story it's Lexi and Mika because I came up with the idea for Lexi before season 4, so I didn't know Lizzie.

Thank you so much. Here's the next chapter.

------------

Day 298, Month 1

We've decided to keep track of time.

Milton, the guy who was writing this before me, passed away last month, after his leader, The Governor, killed him.

I was there, too. I'm a member of the prison group. Before my group came in and saved me, I snagged this off of him. He once said that someone should be documenting this. I've taken it upon myself to be his successor. To write this history book.

That's what he would've wanted.

I'm going to be adding more thoughts and opinions, even though his was more factual. I think it's important that our ancestors know what kind of people we were, not just what happened.

Month 1 represents the first month that Woodbury and the prison became one. Things are changing already. The day they got here was roughly day 270 since everything started. And now we think it's important to keep track of time, from this point forward.

We've gotten a team together to start clearing A block, and we can use D block for some of the people from Woodbury, and us original prisoners can stay in C.

Rick, our leader, said we shouldfind seeds and plant a garden, and Daryl said we should focus more on reenforcing the fences, and working on our defenses.

The Governor left, and he could be back with another attack any day, now, although he did kill his entire army.

Month 1 was relatively a success. We acquired 54 people, and lost 2.

Day 356, Month 3

Everyone is starting to settle here. The Governor hasn't attacked, yet. We found tomato, cucumber and string bean seeds, and we planted them in our makeshift garden last week.

We found a horse almost a month ago, and a few of our people came together and made a stable for it, not like he ever tries to run away anyways.

Next up we're going to try and get a water-pumping system going, from the creek about half a mile from the gates.

We want to become self-sufficient, that's our goal.

Months 2&3 were tough months. 6 acquired, 18 lost.

Total head count: 49

Day 432, Month 6

It's been over a year, now since this all started.