𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𓇽𓇽

𓇽𓇽

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐀 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇, she lost too much in such little time. It felt like whiplash of the highest degree. At this point, she wished her neck had just snapped and she had been put out of her misery.

That's a dark thought, Percy, she scolded herself as the smell of burning filled her nose. It wasn't bad burning. It was almost like incense. Pleasant. Almost disgustingly soothing. It honestly had Percy wishing to walk the other way and scream out in spite. Torches that smelt calming. The exact opposite of the tar the flames burned on.

It was colourful, Halfblood Hill, was colourful, littered with vibrant coloured shawls and coloured shirts. Both Roman and Greek.

Pyres.

Bodies waiting to be set alight, casualties of war.

Bodies.

War.

Bodies.

It had barely been a year, yet here she was, watching people say goodbye to friends, to family. To children. People who were never meant to die by the hand of war in the first place. Again. She was watching it happen again.

Children.

Warriors.

Bodies.

Child Warriors.

Child Soldiers.

Bodies of Child Warriors.

Why did they have to fight their wars? Wars they hadn't even started in the first place. Why did they have to suffer for them to live? Percy would never know.

A part of her never wanted to know.

They were waiting.

They were all waiting for her to make the first move. To speak. To scream. To mourn.

The Great Perseus Andromeda Jackson, Hero of Olympus, twice over now. Praetor of the Twelfth Legion, New Rome and Camp Jupiter. Daughter of Poseidon. Champion of Hestia. The unanimously appointed representative of the Greek and Roman demigods.

She hated them for that.

She didn't want to be in a position of power. She had lost too much to even be seduced by it.

Goddess, Commander, General, Praetor. She didn't want that.

It's like they took a look at her and thought, "Oh you look depressed what about power? Power makes everything better!"

Power made her want to pull a Luke Castellan.

She had almost nothing left. She had nothing to keep her tethered to this place.