𝙎𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝘼𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙃𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙎𝙞𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚.

(Percy's outfit up top!!!)

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 as she curled one last strand of her hair she peered at herself in the mirror and tried not to scowl. "Why am I doing this?"

"Because I asked you to and you listen to your mama," Her mom called from Percy's bedroom causing her daughter to sigh as she wandered out of the room.

She had laid the dress out on Percy's bed, admiring the crimson and gold fabric, "Don't you think it a bit much?" Percy inquired as she looked down at it.

"You said it was a ball."

"Yeah."

"Go big or go home mija," Sally grinned at her daughter, "Come on let's get you done up."

Her mother helped her slip on the heavy dress and Percy knew her back was gonna ache by the time this was over. She stared at the headdress in distaste, oh Aphrodite was really going all out with beauty in pain, wasn't she?

Go big or go home.

Her mother helped her pin the headpiece into her hair and Percy was pleasantly surprised by how lightweight it was. Okay...maybe she was giving Aphrodite too much shit. The goddess was one of the few she actually liked and that was saying a lot because Percy hated almost all of them, except Hestia...kinda Hecate and maybe Artemis and Demeter.

With the headpiece secure and her red and gold boots slipped onto her feet, Percy took a moment to look herself into the mirror. She looked—she looked good. The red accented her tan skin and the gold—she couldn't quite explain it but the gold did so much more. It made her look ethereal.

Like a god—it brought more prominence to the slowly growing specs of gold brewing in the heart of the sea she called her eyes. The same as her father's. It terrified her.

"You look beautiful, Mija," her mother cooed staring at her in awe, reaching out to curl two strands of black hair in front of her face, framing it for the world to see.

She couldn't find in herself to say otherwise as her mother smiled with such warmth. "Thanks, mama."

"Okay so—," Paul came in holding a pair of chopsticks and a takeout cup in hand, he blinked in shock, "On a scale of one to ten how likely are you to take "goddess" as a compliment?"

"Negative forty-seven."

"Got it, you look like a Princess, sweetheart."

Percy smiled, "Thanks, Aphrodite really went all out, remind me to burn some pomegranates for her."