2| The Mask

"How did I get myself into this?" he wondered, "Everything was perfect, I waited one year, one fucking year for her to see me and make her see that I was the only one she would ever think of, ONE YEAR!"

His thoughts wandered deeper, he could see her holding his hand, kissing him. But it disappeared just as he opened his eyes. He punched the wall with his might. There was a slow trickle of blood from his knuckles. But his rage did not go, it was suppressed.

It was evening soon, and he came to the table for dinner with his parents. He was still stuck on that little problem of his. He imagined a pea on his plate to be the head of Jeremy and he would stick that fork into his head like POP! And then eat it with a smile and give his compliments to the chef. His face was frowned and dark, his eyes fixed on the pea, still imagining his fantasy when his mother began calling for him,

"Henry? Henry? Henry!?" she shouted,

Henry snapped out of his mind and his angry, almost rage-filled face instantly dissolved into a charming, happy, and funny face. He was somehow good at that, he could snap out of his emotions in a jiffy. It helped him a lot when he was in trouble.

"Me and papa are going to your uncle and aunt's house" said his mother.

"Why can't I come?" he asked politely, not a hint of anger or frustration, like nothing was happening inside him.

"Because it's your time to study, honey you almost failed your math test last time, and I don't want you to go that low again. We are an educated family Henry and none of would ever do that." His mother went on.

"... Anyway, we would be only going for 3 days. Uncle Fred had an accident," she looked at his father, "Poor Fred busted a kneecap and some ribs. Doctors say that there could be brain injury, but his hips are definitely smashed." Both of them looked gravely at each other.

Henry watched them, then a spark went in his head. Maybe this was opportunity, his last chance to make it up to Emily. He could do it, somehow, anyhow. Maybe if his parents weren't home then stealing money would be cakewalk. Inviting his hitman into his house paying him to scare the bejesus out of Jeremy, maybe break his legs or arms. He like playing sports, didn't he? That asshole. He straightened up a little and smiled, his parents didn't see it. Then his with his proud self he began telling his parents about his day. Leaving the Emily part way behind his mind. He was planning on it. Planning with accuracy, precision, as hurtful as wrenching one's nipples with a pincer.

Soon he retreated to his room and sat there, put on his headphones, and began listening to music. Hip-hop and R&B was his way of letting his emotions out, a kind of vent, when he stood staring in the mirror, pretending to hold a mic and nod his head to the music. He felt free and powerful in his world of music. Now as the song began to kick in his system like how drugs start to kick into a druggie, he began to nod to the beat. Slowly at first and then it became sort of rhythmic. He jumped from his bed and began to walk around it as if on stage. In his mind, he could see the bright lights and the black stage. The instrumentalist in the background with their pianos and the violins and the Apple laptops. He never imagined how would he look but he always saw himself on the stage with the mic in his hand, an open stadium and lots of people looking like dots of light which came from their phones. He felt empowered, the adrenalin waved into his head. He began to sweat with his imitations of a performer. But his mind was completely taken off sky high. He clicked photos, updated his Instagram feed, liked a lot of bullshit on it and then went on to snapchat.

Fittingly called for this moment because that's where his head snapped. He swiped through his friends snaps until he arrived at Emily's snapchat. His eyes dilated and his hands clenched, his mouth pursed. The upbeat music kept on going but Henry's mind was pulled out of the jam-packed stadium to a dark place, unending darkness. He looked at it once again, he remembered. He had to do something about it. On the phone there was a picture of Jeremy posing with his muscles popping out and Emily had just put three fire emoji's and uploaded that to her snapchat.