prolouge

I didn't notice that my phone had been ringing all this time, with the loudness of the song on my speaker; I didn't recognize that my best friend Vivian had been calling me, she's a good friend of mine since college.

I was with her then until now so she will never lose her routine of calling me this time because our place is far away from others. she was in Korea while I was in New York so she couldn't help but miss me especially since I'm the only one she can always run to when she has a problem.

"What's the problem, Vivian?" I answer while lowering the sound of the song from my speaker. "No, no, I don't have a problem at all, all I want to ask is when are coming back here to Korea?" I sighed, she had been forcing me to come back for a very long time but I will always turn her offer down. "I will never go back there except for my family or work" I laughed as I hear her sigh.

"Even if it because of Dylan?" I was stopped by the sudden intrusion of the familiar voice that I have not heard for a long time.

"Jayden? Is that you?" I shouted from the other call line. "Karina! Go home please our squad misses you" Jayden pretended to cry, he was one of the members of our squad at school before and he's Vivian's boyfriend now. "Are you both still meeting the squad this past few days?" I asked out of my curiosity. "Of course except for the two of you and Maxwell" Vivian replied then my mind quickly shifted to Maxwell I suddenly wondered what happened to him, he is also a friend of ours who is Vivian's twin. "Maxwell? Isn't he there?"

"No, didn't you both leave after college?" Now I remember, he also went to the USA to continue his Med School. "Karina, did you thought about going home?" Jayden added I have no plans to come back because my life has been happy and peaceful since I lived here in New York.

"What are you saying to me back then again? What is the reason why you want me to go home?" I asked, making Jayden and Vivian laugh. "Finally, you are willing to go home to Korea, this woman needs a lot of time to think about it!" they shouted as if they had won the lottery.

"I didn't agree yet, I'm just asking," I replied to cut off their small celebration. "I'm hoping for a reunion for the squad, and it's been 5 years since we last met, it is a Graduation party, right?" Vivian replied happily, obviously excited, especially since college she was a party girl, it was Vivian's thing.

"We can also don't invite Dylan if you want" that name caught my attention again, Dylan, Dylan Jeon.